Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 30528 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2012, 01:26:51 »
I was experimenting today with how to support the bridge lengths and, after looking at some photos of real bridges, came up with this idea:

I'd paint the supports grey to match the bridge and make them look like metal.

Here's how the bridge looks:

It's roughly 5 feet (150cm) long overall now and looks more imposing. 

Whether I use this method or have the bridge sections resting directly on the piers, it will be necessary to trim down the Steck pieces so that the projections at the top of the Steck end pieces are level, so the whole thing is becoming more of a permanent custom with the supports maybe being glued together.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2012, 14:19:23 »
This is an update on developments.  I attach a new plan of the layout of the displays.

We are looking at:
- a large layout for a coastal railway (30ft x 8ft).  I have put this as Gordon's lead as he is providing the railway -though this will require a collective effort to pull off.  I'll put together a working list of the sets we might want to include.
- a large Hogwarts display (12 x 8) with Elaine leading.
- a large pirate's display 12 x 4) - my lead.
- an underwater exploration (8 x 4) - my lead.
- a contruction site (shown as 8 x 4 on the plan but it can be larger - up to 16 x 4) - Damo's lead.
- The last two suggestions are flexible and include the idea of a film set making a Robin Hood film (archery contest scene) and a space display.  It might just be one out of these two.  I'll put together some further ideas on these two shortly.

I have relegated the Gulliver's Travels idea from this year as we do not have the space this would require.

I have left some room for a table for the local toyshop to display.

Does this all sound reasonable?

Mark

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2012, 14:55:43 »
Sounds OK to me, Mark. 

Was Gary unable to come, btw?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2012, 21:36:18 »
That sounds OK to me too.
Do you want my space things?

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2012, 20:35:56 »
Elaine
I would like to go with Space.  I have  a 3080 Starship; 3092 Dark Invader; 3280 Alien Control Centre; 3283 Alien Prison Pod and a 3095 Vortex Voyager.  If you can bring your space items too that would be great.

I need to decide if we can go with the film set of Robin Hood.  Did you get some cameras? and do you have some caravans, trailers, portaloos etc?

Gordon - do you have some lights from 3179 Fire Support Vehicle that might be suitable? for the film set.

Damo - I await your indication of how much space you will need for construction  I can go from 8x4 up to 16x4, and sizes inbetween.

Mark

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2012, 20:49:56 »
Yes, Mark, and from the THW set and some spares.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2012, 21:41:56 »
I have these Mark...

plus another van.
I have a small caravan and some circus trailers that could be used.

Damo and Gordon may also have some caravans  :)

This is what I have in my space collection...

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2012, 01:12:31 »
Nice space collection, Elaine. The 3079 is very cool, but looks like a nightmare to construct. How long did it take?
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2012, 16:28:26 »
Mark, I've had a looksie, and I think 8x4 for construction will be more than adequate.

Any bigger, and I'd just be having to fill it with random things, but that size, I can create a very detailed and concise scene, without there being too much or too little.

So that's me for construction, and anything Gordon requires for the Coastal railway setup.

I have the first caravan (missing awning), the classic yellow campervan, and also the latest caravan, the same as Gordon (but Gordon will probably use his for the Coastal railway)

I can also supply some trailers, generators, things to that effect etc to add to Elaine's camera crew etc

Damo :)

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2012, 00:36:37 »
Hi

It looks like we are set up for the displays as they appear on my last plan (5 Jan).  Elaine's TV cameras would be great for the film set.  Any lights that Gordon can add will be fantastic.  All caravans, campers, loos, generators will finish us off nicely.  I intend to use a 5738 Catapult castle as part of the background (its quite flat).  I welcome more medieval klickies for this as well as using some modern day klickies behind the cameras.
I'll use my 3666 as part of the Pirate display.

The space display should be great.  Elaine, you can leave the old Playmospace stuff as I am not convinced it mixes well with the later stuff.  The 3079 Space Station is amazing.  I will need to come up with something more than a flat board for this display.

Damo - do you have preferred colour for your baseboard?  I can get some real sand if you need it.

Mark