Author Topic: New Heavy Rescue (Squad 3)  (Read 6723 times)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
New Heavy Rescue (Squad 3)
« on: August 02, 2006, 16:50:49 »
Hello Everyone  :wave:

After about a year of working out the details of how I was going to make my heavy rescue, its finally done.

So why did the City of Playmo need this unit?

Playmo is a rapidly expanding city, with its population growing by nearly 15% over the past five years. The Playmo Fire Department responds to almost 30 calls per day, or about 5 per station. The city decided that it needed a unit that could support the fleet of 5 engines, 2 ladders, and 1 quint and could provide additional resources at an emergency scene.   

The original Squad company operated out of a spare engine company, but with more and more equipment being needed it was decided to purchase a larger vehicle.

The new unit is based on the chassis and cab from the newer version of the garbage/refuse truck and the rescue body was taken from the center of the RCT combination car.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
Re: New Heavy Rescue (Squad 3)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 16:54:27 »
Squad 3 responds to all traffic accidents with entrapment, second alarm fires, fires at high priority structures, chemical incidents, and all technical rescues.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 16:58:36 »
Along with Squad 3 the department also has a bomb unit and 2 trailers equiped for hazmat and other special incidents.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 17:00:43 »
All the equipment it carries.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 17:01:31 »
Thanks for the photos and background information, Ben.  When you first showed it I thought it looked good, but now I've seen more, it's amazing, unbelievable.

I would never have guessed that the body came from the RC train range;  it's not something I'd ever have thought of looking at for ideas.  But, as you saw, it offers everything - space, roller shutter doors particularly.

Great work, Chief!

PS:  I wrote the above before I saw the photos in your later posts.  Now doubly gobsmacked!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 17:04:48 »
Hey Gordon,   :wave:

Thank you very much for the compliments. The main reason I decided to use that was for the roller shutter doors, I wanted it to somewhat match the other units.

Thanks  ;D
Ben

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 17:23:17 »
Hello  Ben  :)

This is amazing, it really is :wow:. I have studied your pictures very closely and i am really impressed with your work. You have achieved something i have not been able to do myself :doh: and that is to fit a more than suitable body to the refuse truck chassis. I allways knew that style of cab would look great as a fire engine and you certainly have done it proud :)9.
All i can say is that i am really jealous of my 3 firefighters >:( because they are actually going to get to see your new truck up close !!

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 17:26:53 »
Hello  Ben  :)
All i can say is that i am really jealous of my 3 firefighters >:( because they are actually going to get to see your new truck up close !!

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)9

Which reminds me, I've still got to get my two firefighters on their way to you Ben, if it isn't too late.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 19:55:59 »
Hello Tim and Gordon

Thanks for the compliments.  :) 

I have sent messages to the both of you.

Ben

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 04:06:52 »
Killer vehicle Ben, you've fit a lot of stuff in there too. Very impressed :)