Author Topic: Bridgeburners II  (Read 5921 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Bridgeburners II
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 17:51:24 »
They sure do look great Sir WOlf, can't wait to see them all lined up and ready for action :-)

Thank you Gis! More Bridgeburners are on theri way  ;D

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 18:35:42 »
its ten books and 8 novels... so far.... you'll have a blast

What is the difference between the "book" and the "novel"?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 19:33:15 »
What is the difference between the "book" and the "novel"?

Well, in general the terms are interchangeable... a book is a volume of fictional or non-fictional work whose pages are printed and bound...however, this is not the case anymore, as there are paperbacks that can be characterised as books, and books that are novels.

A novel is a book-length work of fiction, or if you prefer, the term ''novel'' is mostly use to indicate a work of fiction. It tells a story and has characters, plot, begginging, middle and end.

In the case of the Malazan books, the main ten books ''tell the story'', a fictional history if you like, events occured. Yes they can be described as novels too but they are the main plot of the whole story, whereas the so far eight novels, describe fictional events that happened in the books, or described events and reasons for leading to the events in the books, in more detail. Or tell the story of certain characters from the books. Does that make sense?

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 22:39:42 »
Nice customs again, I like the colour-combinations you came up with.  8-)
But the blackskinned fellow "looks" a bit weird... litterally that is.  :lol: ;)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 22:43:55 »
 :lol: You mean how he looks like he's trying to keep smiling in spite of a chihuahua biting his ankle? :P I don't know why they had his eyes looking down like that. ???
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 02:05:16 »
Short Version:

For the Malazan Series, the "books" tell the main story and the "novels" give you additional details.

Well, in general the terms are interchangeable... a book is a volume of fictional or non-fictional work whose pages are printed and bound...however, this is not the case anymore, as there are paperbacks that can be characterised as books, and books that are novels.

A novel is a book-length work of fiction, or if you prefer, the term ''novel'' is mostly use to indicate a work of fiction. It tells a story and has characters, plot, begginging, middle and end.

In the case of the Malazan books, the main ten books ''tell the story'', a fictional history if you like, events occured. Yes they can be described as novels too but they are the main plot of the whole story, whereas the so far eight novels, describe fictional events that happened in the books, or described events and reasons for leading to the events in the books, in more detail. Or tell the story of certain characters from the books. Does that make sense?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 06:23:22 »
Bonnie, Hadoque, the fellow you refer to is a woman  ;D

Gis, thanks man!!! Thats spot on!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 11:51:41 »
Bonnie, Hadoque, the fellow you refer to is a woman  ;D

:lol: Oops. That chest plate made it less obvious. :-[
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 15:53:56 »
:lol: Oops. That chest plate made it less obvious. :-[

Oops too.  ;D I didn't notice it either.  :-[

So it isn't a chihuahua, Bonnie, but a heavy chestplate that is the cause for her eyes-position.  ;D

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 16:41:52 »
Oops too.  ;D I didn't notice it either.  :-[

So it isn't a chihuahua, Bonnie, but a heavy chestplate that is the cause for her eyes-position.  ;D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: