Author Topic: New Playmobil US exclusives (?)  (Read 13196 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: New Playmobil US exclusives (?)
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 01:26:22 »
:-[ we both have.
 :wall: not to repeat parts in different sets is definetely one of the ideas / requests we have to be able to deliver to geobra.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 04:31:59 »
what's wrong with the map? ???

Look at which country has been drawn way out of proportion to its real geographic size.

Offline Sir Pleamo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 07:12:58 »
;) i don't know if you have noticed but all (except for the 5950) new pirate sets have a whitish schooner in the backround.
could this mean that another one is still coming?
it will be a pirate schooner (the blck skull and bones are fairly visible).

I guess you have allready given the answer, it is not included at 5950 simply because this schooner IS 5950...

And yes, I also guess there has to be an independend designer team for the US market, because the German/European new pirat sets relly look great (sure, there are also in some aspects not perfect, but anyway...)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 07:27:35 »
I guess you have allready given the answer, it is not included at 5950 simply because this schooner IS 5950...

Nopers.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 10:22:17 »

:captain: come on sir pleamo, you are talking to a pirate theme expert - shame on you.
 :lens: you should know by now i can detect the smallest variation in the smallest picture.

;) just kidding.

like wesley myers i think the small picture indicates a traditional shooner (3860 model - http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4639.0).
 :hmm: as we don't have a set numbered 5947 maybe it will be the one.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Sir Pleamo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 13:14:55 »
:captain: come on sir pleamo, you are talking to a pirate theme expert - shame on you.
 :lens: you should know by now i can detect the smallest variation in the smallest picture.

Mmmh, you might be right, but for defending my ignorance, as long as I spot a Jolly Roger, I do not check all details, because they have to be friends...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 13:23:52 »
Sorry to (potentially) disappoint guys I think that schooner background is old and is simply being reused.  I'll try to find a pic of it on an old set.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 14:41:19 »
Look at which country has been drawn way out of proportion to its real geographic size.

Canada? ;)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 15:03:43 »
Canada? ;)

That is true in a sense - when you have X amount of sq. miles (the surface area of a given planet) and one country is drawn way larger than it is in reality there is less of X left for the rest of the world.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2011, 19:00:11 »
oh, the US looks larger than Canada on the map - but aren't German designers who make those sets? ???
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: