Author Topic: New Playmobil US exclusives (?)  (Read 13188 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: New Playmobil US exclusives (?)
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 19:22:03 »
Yeah, even with the zoo keepers that drives me crazy! :lol: Uniforms should be, well, uniform! They shouldn't all be different!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 20:15:40 »
I don't mind some variation, and it's VERY nice to have some diversity, like for the HazMat crew or paramedics, but now Geobra is going overboard.
I'm fully aware that children don't care, but I do :-\.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 20:43:52 »
Never mind, I found them:

I guess the chap on the left in the pig above is meant to be in some sort of rescue crew and is wearing a non-fire fighting uniform with some sort of body warmer. 

The figure on the right above is interesting as it's a move towards the brown fire fighting uniforms, a colour which is appearing over here but less so, I believe, in Germany where they tend to favour the blue uniform from what I have seen on the internet.  Interesting, too, to see a red helmet appear.  In the recent past I think the only red helmet has been on a promo for Drager.  Personally, I don't like the brown uniform.  Some brigades have red with white or yellow reflective stripes which looks much better:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/fire_new_uniform_dppa_02.jpg

Interestingly, the brigades in Scotland have recently replaced the brown (actually it's described as "gold") uniforms for the red ones in the picture as these are lighter and more flexible than the brown/gold ones which will only be used at major incidents.

I didn't like them :(. Geobra is starting to diversify too much on uniforms. Aren't they suppose to be uniforms ::)?

Well, I must admit that my brigade has a mix of uniforms, partly because I haven't had the money to replace them all yet.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 20:47:38 »
Around here, they have brown uniforms with white and yellow reflective stripes. But I like the gray-uniformed ones from playmobil the best. I think it looks better than the brown color of the real uniforms.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline ZooKeeper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 20:59:44 »
Yeah, even with the zoo keepers that drives me crazy! :lol: Uniforms should be, well, uniform! They shouldn't all be different!

I know exactly what you're talking about bonnie. These are the things that don't let me sleep at night...sometimes...  ;D

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 21:05:31 »
It really is maddening. 8} They change the uniforms colors completely every time a new line comes out!

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 22:30:16 »
By the way, I noticed there is also a new Take Along Hospital (5953) added to Playmobil USA  :). It has a lot of similarities to the Take Along School, with a similar roof and identical floor plan. 
Ace  :brownhair:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 00:08:18 »
The large fire blister is great - the silver hazmat suit plus the other firefighter is in a uniform the correct color for what is used here in Oregon. First time I've seen that.

There is a Christmas carry case, and a cut down version of the Nativity set as well. It's $10 less but you don't get the lighting lantern or the sheep and shepherd.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 00:28:40 »
;) i don't know if you have noticed but all (except for the 5950) new pirate sets have a whitish schooner in the backround.
could this mean that another one is still coming?
it will be a pirate schooner (the blck skull and bones are fairly visible).

:-[ i confess that although i am a big (and solo) pirate fan i can't seem to love these sets.
i am really tired of the white/black/grey/red pirates.
and i can see no sense in manning ships with soldiers (red boots or any other color).
this is becoming a little too childish for me.
will they be successful in the u.s.?
 :'( if pre-assembled, fewer parts, easy color combination and no attention to details like historic accuracy seems to be what "people" want - i guess we are doomed.

???do you think there is an independent design department for north america.
sometimes it looks like it.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 00:49:21 »
Not to sound too grumpy but I also have to say that the pirates in these sets are also EXTREMELY similar to pirates we already have. Not a single new set of legs or torsoes amoung them (as far as I can tell). The one on the left of the blister I basically have twice (except he seems to have donned a long coat this time).

All that said I'll be getting them given the opportunity. . . WHat can I say I have a problem.