Author Topic: More Playmobil Knock-offs at TRU  (Read 7528 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: More Playmobil Knock-offs at TRU
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 19:00:29 »
Couldn't playmobil negotiate NOT to be placed near these or megablocks? I wonder if they were willing to pay more than these others wer, if they could win out and not be placed by them. It seems they are on the knock-offs aisle, the one everyone interested in quality passes up.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Peefferr

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 02:07:08 »
Couldn't playmobil negotiate NOT to be placed near these or megablocks? I wonder if they were willing to pay more than these others wer, if they could win out and not be placed by them. It seems they are on the knock-offs aisle, the one everyone interested in quality passes up.

Sometimes retailers use competitive products to keep the big guy in line. For example, if you were a buyer, and unhappy with Lego (if they kept raising prices on you, or weren't working with you for ads, or gave your competitor across the street a much better deal for black friday), you could increase the items from Mega Bloks. You probably aren't going to win with additional sales, but are remaining the manufacturer who's boss. You've probably noticed this when your favorite big-brand item disappears, only to return six months later.
And after all is said and done, eventually the focus returns to moving what sells the best- these sorts of things usually work themselves out.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 16:29:46 »
I took pics of some more knock-offs yesterday, this time at Tuesday Morning.

To me, this motorcycle looks like a blatant copy of PM, and also notce the little face showing it being from the police theme on the package.

Same with this raft:

The klick-offs in this one are in outfits that look a lot like playmobil..

And this one, Chris half thought of getting, for customizing. :lol:
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 16:47:00 »
 :0  :0  :0

Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 17:49:05 »
I have seen these at a lot of stores. They are decent quality but in my opinion trying to look a bit too realistic. I also really dislike the holes in their heads when you remove the helmets. We had one but have since lost all of it. Good riddance   :P

Mighty World
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 18:15:07 »
The police one in the first pic advertises that it comes with a hairpiece, wow! :D ::)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 18:34:56 »
I wouldn't call these knock offs, really..

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 18:57:03 »
I couldn't post what I would call them  :lol: :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 19:05:09 »
I couldn't post what I would call them  :lol: :lol:
What I mean is I don't think they're a clear immitation...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 19:08:29 »
I don't think the "klicky" design is, but some of the other pieces and accessories, as well as general concept, is taken from playmobil.