Author Topic: Introducing the Wu Family from Beijing!  (Read 2744 times)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
Introducing the Wu Family from Beijing!
« on: June 03, 2011, 19:15:07 »
Hello! :wave: :wave: :wave:
We are the Wu family from Beijing and would like to see the rest of the world! :wave:

My name is Ying Wu. I am 35 years old and married to my husband, Ming Wu, who also is 35.

We have a lovely daughter named Mei Wu, who is 6. Her nickname is Little Plum. She is our only child and loves her doll, Sunshine, who will be making the trip with us.

We were delivered from Set 7982, which you can still find at Playmobil DS. The little boy with the soccer ball is my nephew, Wei Wu, who is 7 and Little Plum's playmate.

We have been invited to see the USA and head for North Carolina in two days.

Please feel free to take us wherever you want during the two months of our first vacation outside of China. Our first passports arrived in the mail last week, and we are studying Rosetta Stone as much as possible to improve our English.

We both work for Air China; our family can fly wherever it wishes. My hobbies are Chinese checkers and cooking; Ming enjoys photography. Mei is into dance, piano, drawing, math, and Chinese checkers, which is our family's favorite pastime. 

We hope to visit you soon and will post some family photos showing what China looks like.

Best wishes from the Wu family! :wave: :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Introducing the Wu Family from Beijing!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 19:16:58 »
What a sweet introduction!! Welcome Wu family!  :wave:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 19:17:47 »
Very nice to meet this lovely family!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 19:27:52 »
It is so kind of you to welcome our family to the rest of the world! :wave: :wave:

We will show you some pictures of places you will see when you arrive in China.
The next photo shows where we work; it is the airport called PEK, which stands for Peking, our name for Beijing.
You will arrive at the international terminal if you come from overseas. We are quite proud of this building and love meeting our friends there.

Until later, your friend, Ying Wu :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 20:27:37 »
This looks very interesting, Playmogal, can't wait for more.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 00:45:07 »
Very neat idea  :thanks:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
Re: Wu Family Flies from Beijing to US Tomorrow!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 00:17:50 »
Hello again! :wave: :wave: :wave:
Things are pretty crazy around here trying to get out of town tomorrow for two months!

Besides packing and getting folks to cover for us at work, we have been working hard at learning English and shooting a basketball, which are both required for a visit to North Carolina. And we had to find someone to feed our fish at home so they don't perish.

We have been told that you can drink the water from the faucet at the sink. And that they eat a strange fish called tuna. And that there are tall trees around the houses. And that often there is no other car on the road when you are driving. Is this really true?

Guess we will find out soon. Our flight leaves Beijing at 3PM and arrives in NC at 10PM the same day. It will be a long day for sure.

We will be back in touch with you the day after we arrive.

Your friends, the Wu Family :wave:

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 01:47:12 »
The Wus Arrive in America!!!

Phew...that was one long trip, but we made it to the US...finally! Our host family met us at the airport (RDU) and drove us to their home on a beautiful clear evening.

Everything is green here except the highways. We have never seen so many trees at home in China.

Now we have to learn to close the door when we go in and outside and to turn out the lights when we leave a room. That is going to be hard on us, but we will pick it up with some practice.

The photo below shows us leaving the PEK airport, where the haze usually obscures the view. We are so excited about our travels outside of China.

See you soon, the Wu Family :wave:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 01:52:42 »
This is a cool idea! I hope they can go all around the world!!!  :love:

I just was wondering how much make a pilot in China.... I mean...mom and dad are pros and that's their house?  8} 8} 8}

:lol:

Just kiding! Can't wait to see their American adventures!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 02:11:30 »
Hello playmofriends from the Wu Famil!y :wave:

Well....we made it to America....finally, and our eyes are open when they should be closed, and closed when they should be open. They call this serious jet lag we are told.

Gaston asked what our house in China looks like; most people in Beijing live in tall apartment buildings. The photo below shows our family on the balcony overlooking the neighborhood. Because we live among tall buildings at home, we plan to do a lot of nature hikes while in NC.

Each morning Ming and I go for a long walk in the neighborhood looking at the plants and animals, especially wild birds, which we do not have at home because they get eaten. There are cats, squirrels, rabbits, deer, raccoons, lizards, snakes and coyotes roaming the neighborhood, so there always is something going on.

The birds are amazingly loud most of the day. And the owls make a racket, especially at night. Driving down the main roads, we often see cars stopping for groups of ducks or geese crossing the highway. And there are a lot of dead deer on the side of the road because so many are hit by cars every night. We don't have wild animals in our cities at home, so this is very entertaining for us.

Anyway that is what we saw the first two days in the US. Hope to see your part of the world soon, Ying and family
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:05:15 by playmogal »