Author Topic: Custom Victorian Mansion  (Read 11608 times)

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
Re: Custom Victorian Mansion
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2011, 15:32:35 »
 :wave: Hi Nickers, this is a very interesting project and I look forward to seeing the finished thing, I was flattered at your compliment many thanks. If you need any help just drop me a line.

The white and purple colour reminds me a lot of the palace so you could add parts from that without any problem, I think it will look very nice like that, very American in colouring. They seam to have loads of Gothic / Victorian houses in grand shapes and colours.  :love:

I can understand why you've had to glue the base I had similar trouble with a smaller house I did where the front extended outwards as there's no way to clip a cut down floor to it. My current house is 13 sections across but being almost level the clips will keep it together, but it does need two people to lift it.  ::)

I had the same trouble when I first started spray painting - ignore the can if you need to do a second coat put it on about 15mins later otherwise your looking at more like a month or two to repaint it. If you end up with a small damaged area try cleaning the plastic down to the original with turps / white spirit and mask off that area to respray, it might just save the wall.

You did a good job with your attic conversion very nicely done!

Well good luck with the rest, it's coming on very nicely.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2011, 22:32:46 »
Thank you Gis and Emma.J!  :love:

I did save my damaged wall in case I ever decide to do another house... but I bought a replacement for this house. lol. I have a ton of extra parts... but not really enough to do a typical dollhouse. I also have a ton of extra furniture, but it's all really dirty and discolored. I'm thinking sometime in the future I might do an abandoned haunted house. That could use up those parts and be totally creepy! It would also explain some missing windows, broken stuff, etc.  ;D

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2011, 01:24:26 »
Finally done painting... what was I thinking???  :o If I never see another spray paint can again, it will be too soon! lol.

So... here's the current progress. I'm not sure if I really like all the flowers and window boxes. Would appreciate some opinions on how many window boxes you think would look good and which windows I should put them on. I'm thinking maybe just the entrance ways and balconies? Or maybe I should take them all off... except the ones on the front of the porch, I really like those two.

Thanks for any suggestions.  :)

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2011, 01:28:07 »
Some pics from the back. I still have a bit of wall papering and flooring to install. The ceilings are all done because it seemed easier to apply them while I had the house apart.

Oh... My klickies have Direct TV! Yes, that is a dish on the roof. lol  ;D

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2011, 01:46:42 »
I love it!!!!!!!!! appart from the lilac color  :lol:

I love they  :lol:have direct TV and are watching Family guy!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congratz! it is a  great Mansion!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2011, 02:18:35 »
Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love the colors, don't listen to Gaston! :lol:

As to the window boxes, I would have them everywhere except the windows overlooking balconies and porches. Then I would just have potted plants on the balconies.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2011, 02:19:50 »
But I do like the two on the front, like you said. Those are gorgeous!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2011, 02:37:48 »
very beautifull !!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!!! appart from the lilac color  :lol:

you don't like that colour? i don't like it where you used it too though on the window frames and the big windows ....  you could leave the originall colours  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2011, 03:45:58 »
I see Alex's smiley, and raise you past 1st place to.... Awesome place! :clap: or something... :toot:
Magnificent! :o
I cannot wait to see it complete! :wow: :wow: :wow:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2011, 03:59:57 »
I see Alex's smiley, and raise you past 1st place to.... Awesome place! :clap: or something... :toot:
! :wow: :wow: :wow:

what did i do?
The spirits rule !!!!