Author Topic: 17 least appropiate PM sets for kids?  (Read 12934 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: 17 least appropiate PM sets for kids?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2011, 15:45:04 »
I wonder why so many people get upset about a playmobil construction set that has a case of beer, if that is what it even is. It shows the reality that most if not all people in the trades drink something while working. I would say a much more inappropriate set would be a banker in some kind of expensive car. The construction worker is only going to hurt himself or co-workers using those light equipment tools. Now a banker can do harm to whole countries from their greed. Or how about saying the airplane is inappropriate when sold with a tall building.   8}

Greed is good, especially when it comes to buying more and more PM.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2011, 16:35:28 »

:lol: point well taken
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 17:55:52 »

Eeeeerrrrrr,hhhhmmmmmm,

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2011, 21:33:06 »
Hmm. I see a port a loo, a camper, a road sign, the mini excavator, traffic cones,  lots of playmobil look-a-likes in your picture  ;D
Hmmmmmmmm!! Maybe I'm just 3 inches tall and live in someone's toy box :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Now a banker can do harm to whole countries from their greed
:clap: :clap: Well said! And extremely true.  On a lighter note, how about a 21st century super set with a couple of bankers, a politician, a crooked politician, a bailiff and a few boarded up houses and businesses.  And maybe the homeless guy on the bench.

I think the Top Agents series is too violent and depicts excess force and i am really dissapointed playmobil is making those horrid playmobil faces. Mr Beck wouldnt approve nor be happy with where the famous playmobil smile is going, also some of these jungle/ treasure hunt sets are very similar in that violent nature of the Top agents.
.That's because you are a grown-up, George, and your thinking has been influenced by watching grown up films.  Isaac doesn't have the top agents set yet (not sure if it's even available or whether I can afford it) but he would like it because it has some cool gadgets. Likewise he doesn't see the jungle set as violent, because he's never watched Indiana Jones.  He sees that set as explorers who have knives for cutting through undergrowth and guns for shooting lions or other wild animals.

I agree about the evil faces, but then again, a facial expression says a lot about a person and in any child's game there is always a baddie (or at least in any boy's game). That's why we use smilies on the forum.

Anyway, you didn't assemble a vast army so that they could drink tea and exchange knitting patterns, surely?!  ;)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2011, 21:41:03 »

Anyway, you didn't assemble a vast army so that they could drink tea and exchange knitting patterns, surely?!  ;)

Who, George? :lol: Exchange knitting patterns?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2011, 21:59:01 »

Good point,

So George, Playmobil did not make violent themes in the 70's, 80's & 90's?  I know you could never agree to this statement because playmobil has always and I safely bet always will make violent, AKA good guy/bad guy themes
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2011, 22:00:56 »
Which is why there are so many "boys" on this forum.  ;)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2011, 22:02:24 »
I like the angry faces! They give more variety to the toy! Better distinction between good and evil, notions that are so clear to a young kid but when growing up he/she has to find out that not all are black and white... most of thing in life are grey...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2011, 23:18:29 »
On a lighter note, how about a 21st century super set with a couple of bankers, a politician, a crooked politician, a bailiff and a few boarded up houses and businesses.  And maybe the homeless guy on the bench.

How could you tell the difference between the politician and the crooked politician - they would look the same surely?   ;D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2011, 23:20:33 »
How could you tell the difference between the politician and the crooked politician - they would look the same surely?   ;D

Good point! :lol:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!