Author Topic: 17 least appropiate PM sets for kids?  (Read 12929 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 17 least appropiate PM sets for kids?
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 02:29:39 »
Of course not, but drinking is not the same. Many parents the world over consume alcohol in front of their children -- wine with dinner, a cold beer on a hot day. There is nothing wrong with that. Getting drunk in front of them would be different. But treating alcohol as some kind of taboo could lead to undue curiosity on the part of a child, making them more likely to satisfy that curiosity later by drinking with friends while they are still underage. Better not to treat it as some kind of forbidden fruit.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 02:37:27 »
You're missing the point: I'm not against alcohol per se - though I'm not very found of beer and wine, once in a while I have some. My whole issue is about drinking at the job.
I wouldn't have absolutely nothing against a PM brewery or a pub. But boozing up at the job ?
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline racerx

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2011, 02:43:53 »
I'm pretty sure the point is that few of us would have a problem with a Playmobil pub, but a beer drinking school bus driver, for example, is another matter.

A beer-swilling group of power tool-wielding construction workers is just a bit odd.
Make a fast friend...adopt a greyhound

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2011, 02:47:04 »
Yep, that's what I'm saying.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2011, 02:47:58 »
I definitely understand your point. I'm only saying that in certain cultures, beer is just the natural thing to drink to quench your thirst. As I said, some of the beers they drink in these cultures have a very low alcohol content. They are not trying to portray anyone getting staggering drunk and then operating heavy machinery. It's just that is what comes to our minds (yes, mine too) when we see this.

In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2011, 03:05:18 »
Guys, guys..... please set this topic back on track. This was a really fun thread, let's keep the serious conversation for another time and place please! I respect every personal opinion. I just think this last part of the thread was not what the topic meant to be.

On behalf of the Mod Team.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2011, 03:09:05 »
You're right! Sorry.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2011, 06:23:35 »
Guys, guys..... please set this topic back on track. This was a really fun thread, let's keep the serious conversation for another time and place please! I respect every personal opinion. I just think this last part of the thread was not what the topic meant to be.

On behalf of the Mod Team.

Agreed.

And what you you know, maybe PM designers back then had a sense of humour. 'Hey Rolf, how about including a case of beer with this construnction set? Wouldnt that be a laugh? Har har?' Everything's so serious these days ... and the sad thing is that children aren't growing into better adults, despite all the psychological mollycoddling. Rather the opposite, I would say.

But yeah, back to the topic.  :) :) :) :)
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2011, 09:57:46 »
I am glad we are back on topic , too many threats derail off topic these days and makes me wonder if that has to do with the fact far less posts are made here, lots of posts are now non playmo related inside playmobil topics....  :( :( :( :(...

I think the Top Agents series is too violent and depicts excess force and i am really dissapointed playmobil is making those horrid playmobil faces. Mr Beck wouldnt approve nor be happy with where the famous playmobil smile is going, also some of these jungle/ treasure hunt sets are very similar in that violent nature of the Top agents.

I am really dissapointed with the way the new sets are going , I dont care about Playmobil being a big company and changing their products to suit the market needs etc , in fact i dont care at all about that. I would ratehr see playmobil close rather than make horrible violent toy lines and destroy what they have achieved in terms of toy standards and ethics . I dont approve at all of some of these new sets and doubt if they will a sucess at all. THat incudes the  avatar ' space like' new series which i also think is not appropriate and I doubt any of these sets will last over a year. Shame really they didnt exapnd into the roman theme and create a market and thetre and generally something more educational rather than just a violent place as an arena. I think playmobil is getting worse and worse in that respect every year and personally i refuse to buy any of these horrible angry playmo faces without the trademarked smile and these chinese like toys agents sets, trasure hunt, avatar like. All inapproprioate and rubbish if you ask me , i hope they prove a flop and nener make these rubbish again and rather make again some historic referecen and more educational sets .
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 15:28:57 »
I wonder why so many people get upset about a playmobil construction set that has a case of beer, if that is what it even is. It shows the reality that most if not all people in the trades drink something while working. I would say a much more inappropriate set would be a banker in some kind of expensive car. The construction worker is only going to hurt himself or co-workers using those light equipment tools. Now a banker can do harm to whole countries from their greed. Or how about saying the airplane is inappropriate when sold with a tall building.   8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: