Author Topic: Annoying room placements in PM doll houses  (Read 8018 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Annoying room placements in PM doll houses
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2011, 18:42:26 »
i LOVE that red wallpaper that only comes in the expansion floor add-on :love:
yes it is great for a dining room or a library!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2011, 21:36:34 »
yes it is great for a dining room or a library!

i know, i want to get one :)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2011, 22:49:47 »
Am loving this thread  :love:

I am watching a 5300 on ebay.au and my sniping finger is twitching!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 08:25:08 »
The fact that the front door opens into the kitchen has always bothered me too, as well as all the other problems that BlackPearl mentions.  One would think that Playmobil would put a bit more thought into the design of the house.

To be historically accurate, I'd like to see a basement which could contain the kitchen and servants' dining room.  The ground floor would contain the parlor, dining room, and study, and the floor above that would contain two bedrooms and a bathroom.  The attic could be for storage and the servants quarters.  And the staircases with railings on each floor would be standard.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2011, 16:27:06 »
I agree with you all I think a lot of the layout is annoying but with such limited space it's the best they could do. At least with the old Victorian houses they do have wall dividers, the new 5302 hasn't really got anything. I don't think having proper walls in a building affects play it just gives you somewhere to lean the furniture.

I'm afraid the only way round the problem is to build BIG! add on as many extra rooms as you can and you can solve the problems.  :P

This is one of my smaller mansions I built. In this house I had the stairs on the right side of the hallway (blue), gamesroom (green) and master bedroom (white). I had a large double kitchen on the ground floor with a dining room in the conservatory and the living room on the middle floor. A lot of Victorian houses did have the drawing rooms etc upstairs with the servants downstairs.

Here's some one elses idea of a floor plan as well.

We just need more houses :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2011, 18:03:34 »
oh wow Emma this that is really cool! 8-)

however if playmobil ever released something like that it'd be very expensive I guess, that's why maybe they've never brought it out :)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2011, 20:09:37 »
Emma, these are great!  I agree with you that the only way around the problem is to build big!  Thanks for the super pictures and incentive!  ;D
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2011, 20:19:18 »
Emma, these are great!  I agree with you that the only way around the problem is to build big!  Thanks for the super pictures and incentive!  ;D
Joe

I agree Joe!  ;) I need more pieces!  :lol: :lol:
I love those too Emma.... the second I LOOOOOVE! That's like two houses together....right?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 09:57:23 »

I'd like to see a basement which could contain the kitchen and servants' dining room. 

how is this going to happen??  ??? the basement is under the ground ...

no matter what anyone says 5300 and 5305 are the best houses ever made i don't really mind with the kitchen being in the front door..
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 13:46:46 »

no matter what anyone says 5300 and 5305 are the best houses ever made i don't really mind with the kitchen being in the front door..

I agree and  think that the 5300 and 5305 give you the most options for adaptations and customizing, as they include two and three unit wall sections and one and two unit floor sections.  Add the 7411 extra floor and you have one unit wall sections and connectors to play with.  :love:
Joe     
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway