Author Topic: Annoying room placements in PM doll houses  (Read 8015 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Re: Annoying room placements in PM doll houses
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 01:05:44 »
oh, a thought just occurred to me: you COULD always have the first room be a living room, then move the kitchen over to what used to be the living room, add a wall betwixt it and the sunroom, and let the sunroom be a dining room.  That would be acceptable IMO.  But then your sunroom furnishings need somewhere to go.  That's where adding an extra floor comes in handy.

(I plan to piece together an extra floor from bits and parts I see on ebay).   No way am I going to buy the actual extra floor set that goes for 3-digit figures these days.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 01:23:34 »
That is pretty cool, Atto.  I like the staggered stairs and I can see what you mean about adding the railing.  It would look more complete.  Nice job.  ;D
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 07:35:44 »
Great idea and execution Atto!! Really good work!! Now I'll have to rearrange my dollhouse as well  ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 09:02:26 »
Very good work, Atto.  That kitchen is pretty much how it would have been in Victorian times as in the big houses they were in the basement with very little natural light.

The arrangement with the stairs and the landing area being used as a room is something I've noticed in houses in Malta.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 09:06:43 »
Very good work, Atto.  That kitchen is pretty much how it would have been in Victorian times as in the big houses they were in the basement with very little natural light.

The arrangement with the stairs and the landing area being used as a room is something I've noticed in houses in Malta.

landings being used as what sort of room?  A bedroom?  or just a passing room/ sitting area (with perhaps some seating and furniture)?
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 10:12:02 »
Even more annoying to me is the fact that the bathroom in the 5300 (or the room most often depicted as the bathroom) opens up onto the balcony patio. 

this room wasn't supposed to be the bathroom the 5300 was made in 1989 the bathroom was realesed in 1992 and in all the photos this room was given to the grandpa's fire place so i don't think they thought at first making for that room a bathroom tapestry ,the bathroom tapestry is on the expansion floor :

after the bathroom was placed in that room in all catalogs ...

;)

The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 10:39:43 »
landings being used as what sort of room?  A bedroom?  or just a passing room/ sitting area (with perhaps some seating and furniture)?

As a sitting area or study or small library area.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 14:31:01 »
Hi

Well if you are worried about whether or not the Klickies take showers with their clothes on you might want to fashion a curtain on as well. All that water splashing out surely will rot out the wood floors of a Victorian house. 

The last house I worked on was built in 1870 and it did not have a kitchen in it at all. There also was not a bathroom or indoor plumbing in the house . The house was set up as a stage coach stop for overnight travelers. A kitchen and simple plumbing for wash areas in each room was added years later but never a bathroom. I guess they just used an outhouse.   

I guess it all has to do with what amount of detail you are after. I like the fact that certain items are not there so I am able to have my hands freely get at items and have the Klickies move around.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 15:53:16 »

this room wasn't supposed to be the bathroom the 5300 was made in 1989 the bathroom was realesed in 1992 and in all the photos this room was given to the grandpa's fire place so i don't think they thought at first making for that room a bathroom tapestry ,the bathroom tapestry is on the expansion floor :

after the bathroom was placed in that room in all catalogs ...

;)

Good one Alex! I think you have a point here!!  ;)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2011, 18:19:28 »
i LOVE that red wallpaper that only comes in the expansion floor add-on :love:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: