Author Topic: Custom Details and How To - Simral and the Santa  (Read 7335 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Custom Details and How To - Simral and the Santa
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 16:46:21 »
I can verify that the blue one down below it with the identical description is about the size of a klicky. Don't know about the yellow one for sure, but I would think it's the same size.

well........mmm... the yellow one in the pictures has a Santa inside... so I guess the answer would be ..YES.  :lol: :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 17:35:16 »
 :lol: I think the question was if that part was the same as the one in the picture!  ::)  :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 18:17:11 »
thanks tim for all of your time and photos explaining everything.  just curious, when you bought the unicorn fantasy piece, did you already know what you were going to do with it?  i agree, that is the part of playmobil that i do not like, although i know little girls just love pink and purple etc, but it is sooo "my little pony". 
kaeth

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 20:05:47 »
Yes the yellow one in the pictures is that part number and will fit a klicky. For the Santa he had to be without his cuffs and a little sideways to fit properly.

When I got the set I helped justify getting it for the animals by planning on doing some sort of custom with the ugly building. I probably planned on the winter idea for a couple of years before I got into actually doing it. With all the spray painting it's best done outside in summer but you tend to not think about winter projects then.

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 22:04:44 »
I can verify that the blue one down below it with the identical description is about the size of a klicky. Don't know about the yellow one for sure, but I would think it's the same size.
Yes the yellow one in the pictures is that part number and will fit a klicky. For the Santa he had to be without his cuffs and a little sideways to fit properly.
When I got the set I helped justify getting it for the animals by planning on doing some sort of custom with the ugly building. I probably planned on the winter idea for a couple of years before I got into actually doing it. With all the spray painting it's best done outside in summer but you tend to not think about winter projects then.
Excellent. I was planning on doing a Cassion (the horse-drawn carriage that carries the caskets for militry funerals) but I don’t have the most important part- A casket. (I could use the coffin from Set #4211, Sleeping Princess Fairy Tale, but it has a clear lid and I didn’t entirely like that.)
well........mmm... the yellow one in the pictures has a Santa inside... so I guess the answer would be ..YES.  :lol: :lol:
I won’t get gross on you (at least not in a public posting, PM me if you want to know the full story), but short version is – Uh, not entirely…:uhoh:
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 14:28:24 »
Thanks alot for the behind the scenes Tim. SO many great ideas, The pink of the building is indeed a bit to much, but the purple turrets are great IMO. How did you manage to set the klickies on the blanket?

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 17:36:03 »
loved the scenes

nice work
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 02:30:52 »
Thanks alot for the behind the scenes Tim. SO many great ideas, The pink of the building is indeed a bit to much, but the purple turrets are great IMO. How did you manage to set the klickies on the blanket?

It's pretty smooth, they managed to stand on their own fine. You just have to watch out for inclines

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 00:57:36 »
Tim this has been of great help for a project Im starting, so I wanted to thank you.  :wow: :wow: :wow:
I hope we'll see more of Simral this next Xmas!  :love:

:wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 00:53:22 »
hi. thanks for all the info. i have been wondering about the longevity of painting the playmobil plastic....how does it hold up over time? Is the fusion paint what you normally use? any tips on painting would be appreciated. I have just bought an old 3019 that is a bit discolored and I am considering how to "restore" or "redo" it.
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA