Author Topic: The Panther Pirate Galleon  (Read 4110 times)

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
Re: The Panther Pirate Galleon
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 11:42:55 »
Magnificent work!!! You have given soul to that ship!!

Bravo!! Emma

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 13:13:34 »
Beautiful ship!  Great color choice. :clap: :clap:

Argh! Me like!

Jimbo

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 03:00:54 »
Fabulous Emma...love it!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 23:06:32 »
Oh my, Ms. Emma, I am speechless.

Wonderful ship!  I love how you have captured a realistic look of the ship.  Ships of this nature did tend to have hulls with a base-coat of black paint and accent colours of the captain's choice (red and white were not uncommon) as well as highly-ornamented sterns and railings.  You have truly captured a very authentic look!

I love the added railing on the poop deck.  I have also added railing on mine, and I have seen at least one other (Macgayver) do the same.  I see great minds think alike :D.

I love your paint job, all the little details.  The red accents on the edges of the stern.  The white accents towards the bow of the ship.  I even like the repainted masts.  And I love the use of the embossed decals.  I am especially fond of your accents added to the cannon port hatches, which give the ship a very regal royal look.  I love this ship!

I am curious, what inspired the name/figurehead to be a panther?  I'd love to hear any backstory that led to this creation.

Were I to guess, I'd say nice spray work on the main hull (the black, and the maroon red).  Are the accents hand-brushed?  Is it all just steady hand?  Or do you mask parts off?  For the spray work, do you use can?  Or do you own an air brush?  Are you using enamels?  For ships I tend to use enamels, and, in fact, I use automotive paints for durability since I tend to be rough on my ships by taking them out in real waters.  Do you also add a clearcoat to everything after?

Indeed, Ms. Emma, I truly am in love.  I would share my ships with you, lol.  My customs tend to have more emphasis on structural modification, and I would be elated to have the aesthetic enhancements that your artistic eye would add.  I think they would be the ultimate custom if we ever collaborated.  (I'd also love to see what you and MacGayver could do in a collaboration as well.)  (and, off-topic, I would love to see what you and others like playmovictorian would come up with in a collaborative effort).

But yes, I am indeed in love, and would not mind surrendering my fleet to you, hehe  :love: :love:

Bravo, Ms. Emma!  This is, by far, the most beautiful custom ship I have seen to date.  I simply love it!

Thank you, Ms. Emma, for sharing!  I hope you do more ships in the future!   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 23:12:06 by BlackPearl2006 »
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 19:41:38 »
That is a stunningly beautiful ship, Emma!  I love the detail!

In my opinion, it's almost too beautiful of a ship for pirates.  You might think about simply replacing the flag and the klickies and put on your custom Henry VIII with his advisers and you'd have the Mary Rose!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: