Author Topic: 5879 and 5922 at Costco  (Read 8571 times)

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
5879 and 5922 at Costco
« on: September 11, 2010, 07:23:51 »
I was looking at the toy selection at Costco this evening because they are starting to get the toys in for Christmas.  Last week there was no Playmobil.  This week they have two sets.  (Last year they only had a pirate set so this year they have twice as much Playmo as last year... things are improving.)   :D
I'm not sure if these are exclusive to Costco or if they've been reported on before.  I tried to do a search on the set numbers but I wasn't very successful.
The sets are selling for $44.99 each.

Rona MamaDragon

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: 5879 and 5922 at Costco
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 07:56:52 »
How are they gonna get the lady off the balcony?  ::)

Very interesting sets, however, and for the price they sure have an awful lot of accessories (especially the animals set).
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 10:13:53 »
The rescue set is awesome!!! The safari set is also great but the fire truck vehicle is really really awesome!!

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 12:56:04 »
I like the zebra Jeep!  Thanks for posting, Ronastoo.
I will have to check it out...

Jimbo

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 13:01:47 »
Thanks for your update. I love both sets, especially the safari one that includes a lot of animals...!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 13:54:39 »
Thanks for posting Rona. The 5922 is a new set I haven't seen before. I think everything in it has appeared in sets before. It's actually a cut down version of 4081 Mega Safari Set that was previously only available in Germany as an exclusive. The zebra jeep is great, my favorite part from that set. Notice it has the old style Acacia tree instead of the recent redone one. I like the old style since the leaves are translucent but it is harder to store than the new ones.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 15:24:44 »
Very interesting sets, however, and for the price they sure have an awful lot of accessories (especially the animals set).

The Policeman can shoot her down.

Good to Know Costco carry at least soem Playmobil occasionally. Neither of these sets make it onto my want list, but all Playmobil is good.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 15:37:13 »
(Isn't that the truck people used not to like much?)

They're going to extinguish all the fire before the building comes down. The balcony permits the girl not to suffocate meanwhile.

She will fall inlove with the policeman! :heart:

(Right, sorry, I shouldn't tell the end of the story ;D )

I love the jeep set! :love: and I'd like to have a few of those city characters as well, but ... well, one has to choose :-[

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 16:43:51 »
The rescue set is awesome!!! The safari set is also great but the fire truck vehicle is really really awesome!!

I don't think you'll like the fire truck that comes in this rescue set, Panos! It has plastic tires, no storage compartments, a nonusable cable winch & ladder. The only thing that is innovative is the flashing light with an actual siren :fireman:! Excellent safari sets though :)9!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 17:32:06 »
I don't think you'll like the fire truck that comes in this rescue set, Panos! It has plastic tires, no storage compartments, a nonusable cable winch & ladder. The only thing that is innovative is the flashing light with an actual siren :fireman:! Excellent safari sets though :)9!

I see them now Bill...pity...Its just such a lovely desing...