Author Topic: the wedding theme didn't go so well?  (Read 6354 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: the wedding theme didn't go so well?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 23:09:53 »
Very cute custom! If I had thought of it, I could have done something similar for my brother's wedding. except the girl he married is from mexico, so it would be a little harder, because the skin on her neck wouldn't be the right color.
Anyway, nice job!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 00:19:43 »
Very well done Coyote. They must have been nicely surprised.

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2010, 01:44:14 »
Wow!  :o Very well done Coyote! Excellent custom!  :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 13:55:40 »
Very cute custom! If I had thought of it, I could have done something similar for my brother's wedding. except the girl he married is from mexico, so it would be a little harder, because the skin on her neck wouldn't be the right color.
Anyway, nice job!

You could have used the Mediterranean figures set 7981 for the skin differences.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 14:51:16 »
On the ethnicity issue, I'm mostly disturbed that there is only one African in the entire Africa theme...   ???

As for the wedding theme, for my brothers wedding last summer, I needed to do some quick customizing to represent my non-Caucasian sister-in-law (and to represent the tattoos!  ;D)

very nice customs  :)9   i've never seen a bride with tatoos  :lol: :lol: :lol: very good  :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 15:38:32 »
I love the wedding theme, but also wish there were more guests etc.
We made our own bridesmaids using this lady
30 14 1570 - Princess, captured by dragon
With different styles of hair I think she fits in well as a bridesmaid ,,,,,,

(apologies if I've posted this photo before!)

Elaine  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 15:40:21 »
Good pic Elanie!  :)9 I also like the church very much! Great idea of the bridesmaid!

B-W  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 15:40:29 »

(apologies if I've posted this photo before!)

Elaine  :)

I have never seen this photo before - absolutely stunning :love: :love: :love:

Damo :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 15:52:14 »

yes that's true , because most of the themes don't go very well so they have to stop them ,but the wedding i was thinking it would stay for one or 2 years more the piano the church  :'(

The fact that themes don't continue for a long time doesn't mean that they don't sell well.  Playmobil operates to a different policy nowadays compared with earlier times by introducing new themes for a relatively short time and then withdrawing them.  The Romans, for example, certainly seemed to sell well but are no longer in the German catalogue and so will soon vanish from the other catalogues.  However, Playmobil still have the moulds and so they can re-introduce the theme again at no extra cost other than the materials for making the sets.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 16:01:06 »
The fact that themes don't continue for a long time doesn't mean that they don't sell well.  Playmobil operates to a different policy nowadays compared with earlier times by introducing new themes for a relatively short time and then withdrawing them.  The Romans, for example, certainly seemed to sell well but are no longer in the German catalogue and so will soon vanish from the other catalogues.  However, Playmobil still have the moulds and so they can re-introduce the theme again at no extra cost other than the materials for making the sets.

well that's good in a way point many of the new sets are not that nice today so it's good to see new things althought the romans stayed for a while the system x castles stayed for a while where do you base that playmobil operates this different policy nowadays ? and in the past they were themes that stayed for a year
The spirits rule !!!!