Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 211934 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #1310 on: March 10, 2015, 19:12:05 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1311 on: March 10, 2015, 19:25:27 »

Now that my victorian kitchen is taking shape, the next chapters will be dedicated to the decorating with accessories & prints which will recall the 1900s atmosphere as well as adding little touches of colour & yummy evocation of the culinary delights.

This will be the moment when Edwina Weldon will come back to N°1 Regent St to transform this spacious kitchen which was the main reason for me to have the Mansion remodelled into a culinary kingdom for our Cook, Mrs Applepie surrounded by Miss Bridget, Miss Adelaïde, Young Peter and last but not least Rupert the Cat who will delight us with a feast in the months to come  ;)...

I will invite you soon to follow the next steps of this Making of which will include the dressing of the Windows with a blue & white gingham fabric, decorating of the curtain poles areas of the 2 disappeared windows into shelves filled with yummy & colourful evocation of the culinary delights as well as a few other surprises to come in the next épisodes of this Making of which I thank you so much to follow  :)

Karim :wave:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Daniela

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #1312 on: March 10, 2015, 19:27:08 »
I will never be tired, following these story.

I love it!

Every time!

Daniela
Enjoy my Playmobil Opera and much more:
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102361137865573914508

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1313 on: March 12, 2015, 06:41:33 »
Thank you so much dear Daniela for still enjoying my work after all these years  8}  :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1314 on: March 14, 2015, 12:57:57 »
Return to Regent St !

Making of the Victorian Kitchen - Part Four

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4yNWmkSKPE

Enjoy  :munch:

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1315 on: March 14, 2015, 13:32:59 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

As I am about to put the final little touches which will transform this victorian kitchen into a little "temple of gastronomy and mini food delights", I wanted to give you a pre-taste of what's to come...

But I would like to first of all highlight the importance of maximizing the lighting & reflectivity of a room which will be photographed from all angles with a white cardboard paper and a flooring which has become my "signature" over the years with its blue and white tiles embossed plastic sheet available in blue, black and pink and measuring 40cm by 27cm at a cost of £5.50 per sheet through the Dollshouse Emporium DHE )

I am also very happy with the visual effect created by the Roman pillar which fits quite well into the Victorian decor.

Just like my little victorians demonstrated it before, it always better to prepare templates of the walls one wishes to decorate - i use a white cardboard paper - which will be decorated separatedly and then put into place using a double sided adhesive tape for an impeccable and clean result.

These final little touches will include :

- adding a pair of curtains to the 2 remaining Windows - since I masked the 2 other Wwndows in order to gain useful space - with a blue & white Gingham fabric which will fit well the fresh and light atmosphere I wish to create in this kitchen.

- numerous little touches of colour which will add life to this harmony of bleu & white.

- a double cooking range with multiple dishes cooking in pots and pans.

- a sink with a "preparation board" showing a selection of vegetables ready to be washed in a colander and chopping board as well as a picturesque little touch through a row of aromatic kitchen herbs growing into little teacups with a "Kitchen Herbs sign" above them.

- decorating the Sylvanian dresser around the Cherry theme in all shapes & forms with a Cherry inspired sign above.

- decorating the 2 remaining areas of curtain poles into yummy shelves.

- a little Cuckoo wall clock to rythm the hours as well as the quintessential "Home sweet Home" sign.

- decorating the pots hanger with kitchen ustensiles as well as hanging food such as garlic and onion braids.

- creating an area dedicated to cheeses & wine with a selection of cut cheeses with little grapes as well as a crate of wines.

Here are a few of the little surprises to come  ;)

I wish you all a great week-end  8-)

Karim :wave:

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #1316 on: March 16, 2015, 09:41:16 »
Finally found some time to take a look at your  :love: kitchen. This is such a wonderfull breathtaking project. Really makes me happy. Thanks you!
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1317 on: March 16, 2015, 12:20:05 »
Thank you so much for your kind comments and following this project  :*)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1318 on: March 19, 2015, 07:27:37 »
Return to Regent St !

The Victorian Kitchen Garden

With a hint towards St Patrick's Day !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1319 on: March 19, 2015, 07:43:45 »

Karim