Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Test
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 04:09:06 »
Hi

Looks like it works  :)9

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 04:56:41 »
Thanks Rasputin!  I've been called out, so I guess it's time I posted some pictures.  I plan to post some of my customs this week, but it will be awhile before I'm able to photograph a large mass of troops.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:05:09 »
Hi

Do you stick them down or are they all balanced in position when you do a large gathering?

Your pictures came out clear, your resolution seems to me to be set good & being a link people have to be members to see it  ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 05:16:15 »
I simply balance my klickies, regardless of how many I am photographing.  This is the lowest resolution and smallest size that my digital camera will accommodate, so I hope all my pictures work out.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 11:57:27 »

Justindo, I Love your new avatar with the "Bernese Mountain Dog" ...  :clap:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 13:38:34 »
Excellent photos Justindo! I look forward to your future contributions!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 16:45:09 »
... it will be awhile before I'm able to photograph a large mass of troops.

:hmm:   :lol:

Congratulations on getting some pictures up!

I prefer to upload to a free hosting site (I use Photobucket) and link from there so the pictures are immediately viewable and not thumbnails, but thumbnails work too. They can be a bit annoying for photostories because they break up the flow of the story.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 18:08:26 »

I prefer to upload to a free hosting site (I use Photobucket) and link from there so the pictures are immediately viewable and not thumbnails, but thumbnails work too.

Martin, I'm sure that you'll agree with Ras and me, that the good thing about attachments ("thumbnails") is that only members of Playmofriends can see the images.

Also, for our members that don't have really super fast broadband connections, large (or many) images (from a "photo bucket" or "image shack") can take forever to load.

Even with a fast connection, there have been times that I didn't wait for all of Karim's great Victorian images to load!

My two cents worth ...  :2c:
Richard

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 21:59:24 »

Martin, I'm sure that you'll agree with Ras and me, that the good thing about attachments ("thumbnails") is that only members of Playmofriends can see the images.

Also, for our members that don't have really super fast broadband connections, large (or many) images (from a "photo bucket" or "image shack") can take forever to load.

Even with a fast connection, there have been times that I didn't wait for all of Karim's great Victorian images to load!

My two cents worth ...  :2c:
Richard

I can agree with the connection speed issue, but I've never worried about non-members seeing my pics to be honest. The annoyance of having to click on every thumbnail to see it properly-sized outweighs any privacy advantage for me, but I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

My :2c: