Author Topic: New 2010 sets, some details  (Read 43138 times)

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
New 2010 sets, some details
« on: January 26, 2010, 14:45:54 »
Hi all, on KW there are some more details to be fount about 2010's upcoming sets. Some people have already seen pictures of the new sets and this is what they noticed:

Castle:
lion knights are not recycled but are more resemblant to the 90's lion knights. The shields are close to the flemish heraldic sign, ie black lion on yellow background. The robber knights have a black/turquoise color scheme. The large castle seems to have a square tower, a round tower on a rock base with prison and some kind of balcony. There might not be a house. There seems to be a queen and a 70s throne.

Doll's house:
-L-shaped
-same yellow color as the previous model
-windowsills

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: New 2010 sets, some details
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 15:46:21 »
It'll be nice to have a new castle with a round tower, but I'm wondering if the castle will be using the same connection system as the lighthouse and (presumably) the Dragon Castles. If so there'll be even less opportunity for re-designs than with System X.

The Black on Yellow Lion Knights sound promising, a return to more acceptable heraldry would be very welcome. 

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 18:33:16 »
It'll be nice to have a new castle with a round tower, but I'm wondering if the castle will be using the same connection system as the lighthouse and (presumably) the Dragon Castles. If so there'll be even less opportunity for re-designs than with System X.

The Black on Yellow Lion Knights sound promising, a return to more acceptable heraldry would be very welcome. 

Hi Martin,

I agree on all points. Unfortunately, based on what people seem to be writing on Klickywelt, the castle(s) look like they're built in the same manner as the Dragonland fortresses. So, sounds like customising may be, um, challenging. Bummer.

No one had posted any pictures (at least none I could see, not being a Klickywelt member), so I can't comment any further. But given the content of many of the posts there, it sounds like the few people who have got pictures of the new sets are reluctant to have them openly available, largely due to concerns about intellectual property/copyright. I suspect there is also concern that Geobra might be less than pleased if images of their new sets make it onto the Internet before the sets have been officially launched at the International Toy Convention.

Oh well, as one person pointed out, the new German catalogue should be appearing in the next couple of weeks. Just have to wait a bit longer...

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 18:58:23 »
Somebody is selling the UK catalogue on ebay already - it would be a shame if the castle is like the dragonland one, as it would be very hard to customise.
I hope the new dolls house looks different too - I found that the current one seems to fall apart quite easily when moved :-\
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 19:18:18 by flatcat »

Offline wonderland5

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 22:07:38 »
same yellow as 5301?  I actually liked that color, though I know I am in the minority here.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 00:10:26 »

A few "better"pictures ...

see attachments

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 00:36:58 »
Hooboy! I love that Mongolian more than I did the Crusaders (and I really loved the Crusaders) very glad to see that pith helmet again also. Thank you for the pictures Richard!

Gepetto

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 00:58:11 »
WOW,  :o :o That Mongol looks really sweet!  Hopefully the prelude to a theme.  :prays:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 01:13:55 »
The heraldry and new klickies sound promising, but I'm disappointed to hear that the new castle may not be customizable like System X or Steck.  That's a shame.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 02:41:26 »
WOW,  :o :o That Mongol looks really sweet!  Hopefully the prelude to a theme.  :prays:

I wonder if the yurt in the background is a planned set? That'd be a great item, especially if it had a Mongolian family included, and we'd be buying a lot of those to make nomad villages.