Author Topic: New 2010 sets, some details  (Read 43133 times)

Offline pingo

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: New 2010 sets, some details
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2010, 11:51:23 »
 :lens: It look too be the same new cloak the figure in set 4887 is hawing as my Pirate Captain Gruff Cloak  :yippee:

Pingo
I'm just not into baby blue cars

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2010, 12:07:54 »
I love the new sets.  ;D

It never ceases to amaze me what new ideas the designers at Playmobil come up with.

I think the new dollhouse is a vast improvement on the current one, but not as good as the original 1900 houses.
I like the Klicky in the towel with the hairdryer and the wood burning stove. I hope it lights up like the electronic fire place.

The Christmas market is also great and I love the new vacation house and swimming pool.

It's a good job the UK won't be getting these yet as I can't afford them at the moment, but hope to have the funds when (and if) the UK get them.

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2010, 13:53:11 »
Vacation House looks nice, kinda villa-ish.  The dollhouse is modern, noooooooo....  Still a nice house though and if stocked with victorian furniture could work.  I love the woman klickie in the Christmas market, she looks so wintery and sporty, a really neat set overall.  I wonder if speedo man in the vacation theme has individual moving legs like the bikini girl special.

Now I'm 100% sure I will steer clear of the agents theme.  A metal detector jet  ??? ??? I can't even begin to say the number of things wrong with that and Robot Gangster SUV gets my vote for silliest toy name of the year.   :lol:   

I don't collect the knights theme for space reasons, but the falcon guys seem pretty cool, I like their color scheme, alot more subdued than say purple barbarians. 

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2010, 15:02:10 »
Hello

Well you can put the RC unit in the SUV and then outfit it with the Playmobil camera and attach the monitor to the RC-controller and drive it around spying . It is a nice concept but I just wish the Agents did not look so similar to the Space theme idea Playmobil flopped with years ago.

I am really disappointed with the new doll-house. I wanted it at least to be Stecks for the nice red roof parts and for it to be a Victorian theme. it is just a nice looking system X doll-house

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 15:47:47 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2010, 15:51:30 »
So I really like:
The zoo, best yet
the vacation theme, great structure and pool
the Christmas sets, the dino advent calendar has a new dino color variation in it, the more winter and Christmassy sets are excellent
The structure of the new house and some of the accessories
The heraldry and accessories in the knights series, a new caparison style there too

I dont like the secret agent theme stuff at all. There looks to be a laboratory set that may be useful for Frankenstein style Halloween set ups but other than that, ick. Did you notice the box style for that series isn't the classic blue?

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2010, 16:00:19 »
The Arch' Bishop Klaus is kind of scary! xP
But it's good to historical customs (Inquisition ...).

I heard the new castles are system X ... Does anybody have any conclusions on the matter? oO

I like the new medieval soldiers. They're more sober than the last waves of collections.
(What they couldn't manage to do yet was something to replace the timbered house, and I guess it's impossible. But I don't doubt they'll unfortunately come up with something.)

-x-

What's that 007 theme like, btw? 007 or MIB? ...

G
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2010, 16:04:57 »
the knights [...] but the falcon guys seem pretty cool, I like their color scheme, alot more subdued than say purple barbarians. 

(Someone once said that purple was quite much used in the middle ages, and I kept thinking about it ... Nowadays I don't have so much problem with those anymore.

But I do prefer brown, yellow and red myself too ...)
Gus

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2010, 16:37:25 »
Love the Christmas sets, new style helmet with nose guard and the cannon.

Gepetto

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2010, 17:06:38 »
Dare I say that the secret agents' HQ doesn't look too bad?  But as for the rest of the theme... yuck.  I like the small castle better than the large one - though they both look like they use a lot of the same pieces.

I'd like to see the villa theme closer up... I haven't seen any of the bathing suit people move their legs other than in the typical PM way (both together).

Yes, I have to agree that it is amazing what the Playmo designers come up with... and how they manage to re-use parts over and over in varous ways. As mentioned the dark scorpion space theme (I think that's what it was called) is there again in the agents' theme and parts of the first dino expedition on ice, etc. appear in some sets.

David

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2010, 17:31:34 »
i know that i am a compulsive pirate's theme fan but i make an effort not to despise the other themes.  :)
... but this time geobra is making my life difficult - there is nothing i really like.  :'(
if i was to guess i would say that during hans beck time he would not only be reponsible for the design of the klicckies - but also for the general concept of each theme.  :hmm:
this constant "glueing" to other manufacturers ideas is quite annoiying.
  >:(
    honni soit qui mal y pense