Author Topic: Space Explorer  (Read 4725 times)

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
Space Explorer
« on: February 22, 2009, 02:03:48 »
I have posted a few pics of a System X space explorer that I did awhile back. I'm not a huge fan of System X, but (to me) it lends itself to nice space ship and space station builds. I don't see very many space creations, so I thought I would put this out there.

Here's a link...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13123281@N02/sets/72157614186428005/

...and a sample
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Space Explorer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 03:08:40 »
The more I see of the System X space theme, the more I kind of wish,.......well you know  :-\! Excellent custom creation Gloobey  :wow:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 05:46:08 »
Thanks Bill! These space sets are really fun to work with  :)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 10:44:24 »
Yes, indeed a spacestation. Well done and I suppose it actually was fun to create this fancy looking science fiction vehicle.

I wonder why in general spacestations and space ships always looks that "futuristic"? E.g. looking at the design of cars and airplains they all have a "smooth" and defined surface but in science fiction films space ships have all these stranges shapes with things standing out (cf. Starwars or Galactica) and even more fittings are placed at the outside giving it an irregular shape even better it looks like (in contrast to the inside where "clean" and "tidied" floors and corridors a lacking any details and irregulars. Ever thought about?

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 18:51:32 »
Well done, Gloobey! :wow:
Nice job for sure!

Best regards
Jimbo

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 18:59:19 »

space ships have all these stranges shapes with things standing out (cf. Starwars or Galactica) and even more fittings are placed at the outside giving it an irregular shape     

All the things hanging on space vehicles are o.k. because in space there is no atmosphere, so no parasitic drag to worry about...so they say :yup:

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 19:01:26 »
I have posted a few pics of a System X space explorer that I did awhile back. I'm not a huge fan of System X, but (to me) it lends itself to nice space ship and space station builds. I don't see very many space creations, so I thought I would put this out there.

Those are really interesting, would make an interesting underwater set also, are these parts still available in the real world or just on eBay? Darn these distracting themes!

Gepetto

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 22:41:29 »

Those are really interesting, would make an interesting underwater set also, are these parts still available in the real world or just on eBay? Darn these distracting themes!

Some of the system x parts may still be available, but I think most of the actual "space" partsre discontinued. I was sad when they stopped making the space sets. They were alot of fun.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 20:17:18 »
Oh i will have to show this to my little architect, he just loves to create with the space theme and this will inspire him a lot . thanks for the pictures
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 21:19:38 »

Thanks for a peek into your Playmobil collection, Steve ...

I loved "Freight Town" ... :)

And, your space station looks so cool. I wonder if Playmobil knows what a wonderful "space" construction toy they created ... and, discontinued? ... :(

Happy I got the space theme when the getting was good ...  ;D

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard