Author Topic: collectobil is now under new management! a playmofriends management?  (Read 10981 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: collectobil is now under new management! a playmofriends management?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 16:32:14 »

... As for what's happening with Collectobil, that was a surprise to me too ...

Heather, it would seem that some members might suspect that you and I know what's happening with Collectobil ...  :klickywink:

As far as I know (regardless of what was posted yesterday, 14th Feb), I think that someone by the name of Bart is still the webmaster ...  :klickygrin:

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 16:38:19 »

As far as I know (regardless of what was posted yesterday, 14th Feb), I think that someone by the name of Bart is still the webmaster ...  :klickygrin:

All the best,
Richard

What was posted yesterday, 14th Feb?  I can't find a post in this thread for that date.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 16:47:07 »
The post is not here in this thread, Gordon, it's on Collectobil itself, if you follow Richard's link.

However the post says that the site was last updated on 17th Jan 2006, but if you follow the link to the list of site updates, the last update is shown as 21st May 2005.

I must say Richard when people here speculated it was you, your lack of a denial and slim number of recent posts here convinced me it might be true. 

Whoever has taken it on, I wish them luck, and lots of patience, time & energy, in getting things in order, if that is their intention.

The post on Collectobil also mentions it is temporarily under new management, so that may not be the new manager's intention.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 17:36:37 »
collectobil still has the same contact information:
Address: Career Management International, Inc., 235 W 18th St
Houston, TX  77008, US 
i guess richard doesn't want to talk about this.
he's not obliged to do so.  :yup:
but nothing obliges us to refrain our curiosity.  ;)
come on richard, tell us wht is happening. please.
  :wave:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 12:06:08 »
If the person currently managing Collectobil reads this, please could you change the line:

Post all questions and suggestions at playmofriends.com

to something like

Post all questions and suggestions at playmofriends.com or Playmoboard.com

because the current wording has sparked a lot of anti-Playmofriends feeling over at Playmoboard (amongst people who see us as elitist and exclusive), especially as there seems to be nobody here taking responsibility for the changes so even members of Playmofriends are left in the dark, and the last thing we need is another inter-Forum feud.

cheers,  Martin
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 20:06:28 by Martin Milner »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 15:28:25 »

because the current wording has sparked a lot  ??? of anti-Playmofriends feeling over at Playmoboard (amongst people who see us as elitist and exclusive), especially as there seems to be nobody here taking responsibility for the changes so even members of Playmofriends are left in the dark, and the last thing we need is another inter-Forum feud.

It is not this that has a minor amount of members over there felling like this . They always have, not just because of this Collectobil change . People will always dislike something about everything ( similar to the Airport Security ) we can not go around catering to some minority just because they have a problem with some aspect of how other people do things. The tiny group also has a problem with paying on this site , and on and on . 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 23:32:23 »

If the person currently managing Collectobil reads this, please could you change the line:
Post all questions and suggestions at playmofriends.com
to something like
Post all questions and suggestions at playmofriends.com or Playmoboard.com

:eh?:   The wording on collectobil.com now reads:

"Hopefully, Collectobil will be updated again someday. Until then, please enjoy what Bart has created here. And, be sure to visit Playmobil's official Archive at Produkt Archiv."

I wish we could finally know what is going on.   :(

because the current wording has sparked a lot of anti-Playmofriends feeling over at Playmoboard (amongst people who see us as elitist and exclusive), especially as there seems to be nobody here taking responsibility for the changes so even members of Playmofriends are left in the dark, and the last thing we need is another inter-Forum feud.

Martin, I am curious what you mean by "another inter-Forum feud."  Was there an actual feud or just the original schism?  Possibly I missed something as I was not active on any of the boards for a while (from mid-2006 until early 2008.)  It had seemed to me that things had settled down and that there are many common members between Playmofriends and Playmoboard. 

I have breezed through Playmoboard over the past few days and there are several comments in different areas (from one individual) that would appear to be intended to cause trouble.  That is just my opinion and I must say that I have not followed Playmoboard closely for some time so I may be missing something.    ???

- Anne
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 03:02:02 »
I used to be a member over at Playmoboard until I found Playmofriends. There seems to be a genuine love for the toys and concern for fellow collectors here at Playmofriends. It's a positive community with only good will toward others that I haven't found anywhere else.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 06:46:43 »
:eh?:   The wording on collectobil.com now reads:

"Hopefully, Collectobil will be updated again someday. Until then, please enjoy what Bart has created here. And, be sure to visit Playmobil's official Archive at Produkt Archiv."

I wish we could finally know what is going on.   :(

Martin, I am curious what you mean by "another inter-Forum feud."  Was there an actual feud or just the original schism?  Possibly I missed something as I was not active on any of the boards for a while (from mid-2006 until early 2008.)  It had seemed to me that things had settled down and that there are many common members between Playmofriends and Playmoboard. 

I have breezed through Playmoboard over the past few days and there are several comments in different areas (from one individual) that would appear to be intended to cause trouble.  That is just my opinion and I must say that I have not followed Playmoboard closely for some time so I may be missing something.    ???

- Anne

Just a schism so far. Some people were worried that Playmodb might become a pay to view site, because of the perceived link via Collectobil to this site. Paranoid maybe, but people are working on very limited information from Collectobil's new management, a lot of speculation, and if they imagine monsters under the bed, I can understand their concerns. I was trying to avert an all-out feud with the suggested changed wording, and hopefully that danger has now been avoided. Thank you whoever is responsible for your prompt action.

Yes, there are many members here who are also at Playmoboard, usually with the same usernames, and there are PB members who read this forum but aren't members here. Very occasionally people lose focus on the fact that Playmobil is a toy aimed at children (and the young at heart) and meant to be fun. I hate seeing these public arguments, they diminish my pleasure in reading the forums and Playmobil generally, and I don't imagine many other people enjoy them unless they're rubbernecks of the "oh look, a gorgeous train-wreck" mentality.

PlaymoFriends, Playmoboard, Playmodb, Collectobil, the Product Archive at Playmobil.de and Garden Wargames comprise much of my internet Playmobil universe, and I don't like to see unpleasantness because of any of them.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 08:05:58 »
... , and if they imagine monsters under the bed, I can understand their concerns. ...

IMHO that says more about the person imaging the monster as to the situation.
But you are right that preventing is preferable above firefighting.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.