Author Topic: Ghost Pirates  (Read 5439 times)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Re: Ghost Pirates
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 23:47:10 »
Now we get a closer look at the the wolf knights, I'm even keener to get my set.

The tarnished look of their armour is great, and the fact that they've used a different type for each figure will give lots of customising possibilities. I hope the sets aren't too expensive, but I'd guess £4 each for the figure + wolf, and £6 for the catapult guy.

The Masai warrior is definitely going to be a multiple purchase for me, despite his white leopardskin, and the Cossack looks brilliant, the long leather boots + baggy breeches look just right. He's been given both a waist belt and a shoulder belt, and now we can clearly see these are the usual parts and not a combined new part. I can see this figure being useful for multiple customisations too.

The 4684 Special I feel is a bit of a cut & shut, using most of the hamian archer plus a Spanish Morion helmet, but the new scutum might be useful, so I'l probably end up with several of these anyway.

I'm curious to see what the gold tarnished armor looks like the plastic.

Despite a few flaws, like the above mentioned white leopardskin, I'll be picking up a number of the Massai warriors.  They'll serve as enemies and allies for my Romans, Egyptians, and Arabians and I'm also hoping a British Imperial theme will emerge.  :prays:

I'm not too impressed with the new medieval special.  I would have rather they created a new Roman scutum design.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 02:20:54 »

Thanks, Ras ...

I can't wait to see what MacGayver will do with that Galleon.

Actually, it would be fun to put one in "dry dock" for awhile and "repair" it.

It would really go well with the new conquistadors.

see attachments

Although an internal voice tells me "never underestimate M. MacGayver", I can tell that it musn't be an easy task, and, if I'm not mistaken, he said this himself, somewhere, a while ago ...

However, the galleon is very promising! :yup: in my point of view ...

Btw,
THANKS! Lars
, for bringing this, you noticed, here to share with us :)

In general discussion I think it's -- if not better -- at least expected that Playmobil has launched the Ghost Pirate theme separately. I'm only very, very unhappy that there isn't a "collector's corner" in the Playmobil official business, so that, for instance, Vikings or say, Victorian! could still be produced, even if in smaller scale. I can't accept the discontinuing action. I'll go on loosing and loosing, and always dreaming about the past, because I'll always buy very little stuff of everything. And, with me, many people.

Who knows, someday, it'll change ...

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 03:01:38 »
erratum
oopz ;D

Thanks Ras
for bringing the news;

Thanks Lars
for bringing the links.

Gus
Gus

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 06:56:11 »
I'm not too impressed with the new medieval special.  I would have rather they created a new Roman scutum design.

Absolutely! If Playmobil had produced a new legionary Special instead of the 4684 cut&shut, with no changes but mato make his clothing & shield design green, black or blue instead of red, they would sell millions. Ka-ching!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 06:36:45 »
Absolutely! If Playmobil had produced a new legionary Special instead of the 4684 cut&shut, with no changes but mato make his clothing & shield design green, black or blue instead of red, they would sell millions. Ka-ching!

I agree.  I'm sure we Roman fans would buy tons of Specials if one was a green auxiliary with a new oval shield or a blue or black Praetorian guardsman with a new scutum.  But I'm hoping these klicky types will come out as new larger sets and be the "second wave" of the Roman theme in a year or two.  Hey, I can dream, right?
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 02:26:16 »
In set # 4800 I am trying to figure out if the weapons have print on them ? I have made the assumption before ( chrome armor in the new crusader ) and was disappointed to find out it was only a enhanced photo. The other sets in the Ghost Pirate theme seem to have just plain weathered dark gray weapons

I'm siding with you, Ras, until I see this armor with my own eyes.

-Tim

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 20:40:53 »
:) i just found some new (and larger) pictures of the new-future ghost pirates in the karstadt.de site.
 :-[ i have to confess that i am starting to like some of them.
the figures are cool and very likeable.
 :-\ i still have some doubts about the giant animals and the ghost ship though...
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 20:44:31 »
i decided to add the new take-along-mini-box.
quite uninteresting, in my view...
if you go through the site you will find all the other new sets for 2009.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 12:05:43 »
I prefer the barefoot ghosts to the ones with pink or blue boots...

Those rusty weapons will be good for lots of things including a skeleton army, I'll be getting a bunch of those.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 00:48:00 »
I prefer the barefoot ghosts to the ones with pink or blue boots...

I'm still trying to figure out the pink and blue boots.  Worse, Playmobil makes the color look natural with my pink-booted knights.  Until I think about it.  "Hey, the guy is wearing pink boots."

I'll be getting a bunch of those.

You would cease to be Martin Milner if you did not!
-Tim