Author Topic: Ghost Pirates  (Read 5440 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Ghost Pirates
« on: September 10, 2008, 01:49:51 »
Well looks like the Ghost Pirates gets it own theme . The German Playmobil site has been updated and the new items are all there . The 3D is great for checking out the new ship with its new parts .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: Ghost Pirates
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:15:45 »
Very interesting, I'm quite surprised they're treated as a separate theme.

Are these actually available yet, does anyone know? The UK site often has things a month or more before you can actually order them.

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 09:31:50 »
Are these actually available yet, does anyone know? The UK site often has things a month or more before you can actually order them.

I don't think they are as their status at the German site is still "Available mid-December".

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 09:35:28 »
In addition to the new ghost pirates the new "Sammelspass figures" have also been added to the site

Click here.

...and the new Specials.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 11:13:45 »
In addition to the new ghost pirates the new "Sammelspass figures" have also been added to the site

Click here.

...and the new Specials.

Now we get a closer look at the the wolf knights, I'm even keener to get my set.

The tarnished look of their armour is great, and the fact that they've used a different type for each figure will give lots of customising possibilities. I hope the sets aren't too expensive, but I'd guess £4 each for the figure + wolf, and £6 for the catapult guy.

The Masai warrior is definitely going to be a multiple purchase for me, despite his white leopardskin, and the Cossack looks brilliant, the long leather boots + baggy breeches look just right. He's been given both a waist belt and a shoulder belt, and now we can clearly see these are the usual parts and not a combined new part. I can see this figure being useful for multiple customisations too.

The 4684 Special I feel is a bit of a cut & shut, using most of the hamian archer plus a Spanish Morion helmet, but the new scutum might be useful, so I'l probably end up with several of these anyway.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 12:02:34 »
Now we get a closer look at the the wolf knights, I'm even keener to get my set.

The tarnished look of their armour is great, and the fact that they've used a different type for each figure will give lots of customising possibilities. I hope the sets aren't too expensive, but I'd guess £4 each for the figure + wolf, and £6 for the catapult guy.

Hey Martin,
Are you sure that this tarnished look you are referring to is intended, or is it an inferior MADE IN CHINA quality problem  ;D?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 12:51:01 »

Thanks, Ras ...

Well looks like the Ghost Pirates gets it own theme . The German Playmobil site has been updated and the new items are all there . The 3D is great for checking out the new ship with its new parts .

I can't wait to see what MacGayver will do with that Galleon.

Actually, it would be fun to put one in "dry dock" for awhile and "repair" it.

It would really go well with the new conquistadors.

see attachments

Offline starhorse

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 14:41:24 »
Lots of really interesting pieces in these sets.  I'm really liking the "crusty" old weapons.

Also the tarnished armor for the wolf knights sets is a very pleasant surprise.  I'll definitely be picking these up for customizing options. 

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 15:40:39 »
In set # 4800 I am trying to figure out if the weapons have print on them ? I have made the assumption before ( chrome armor in the new crusader ) and was disappointed to find out it was only a enhanced photo. The other sets in the Ghost Pirate theme seem to have just plain weathered dark gray weapons
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 16:21:18 »
In set # 4800 I am trying to figure out if the weapons have print on them ? I have made the assumption before ( chrome armor in the new crusader ) and was disappointed to find out it was only a enhanced photo. The other sets in the Ghost Pirate theme seem to have just plain weathered dark gray weapons

I think these are plain dark grey weathered too and it's a trick of the angle of the light. Are you lookin at the handle of the Katana, perchance?
I think these weathered weapons are going to prove very popular.