Author Topic: Un-Marked Police Camera Car  (Read 6151 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Un-Marked Police Camera Car
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 19:56:57 »

I have one vehicle i would really like to make ;) but it involves finding out how it works on the 'inside' to make it authentic and i doubt very much i will ever find that out :( If i did it would be the perfect vehicle to include in a photo story full of armed robbers ;) !!

I can't promise anything, but I may be able to help you, Tim.

Tell me what you have in mind and I'll see what I can do.

All the best,
Richard

BTW, Tim ... has anyone ever asked you about (28/5/03/850)?

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 20:39:03 »
Hello Richard

Thank you for the reply and for the offer of help :)9. I will PM you tomorrow with my plans, if your able to help it would be very much appreciated. I havent researched it yet but i doubt i will find any information on the net :).

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 21:03:18 »

Hello, Tim ...

I'll be looking for your PM.

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 21:10:54 »
Hello Richard

The possibilities are certainly endless and i have some big plans in store for my police force. These include some of the vehicles you mentioned above, for instance the scene of crimes units and riot vans are high priority.

Some two years ago, I started a scene of crimes unit based on the 3925 ambulance.  Only last week or the week before I abandoned it as it I'd changed my mind about the direction of my police vehicles.  The livery was done (I may still have some transfers for it) and the interior apart from detailing.  I thought about taking some photos but didn't!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 07:04:19 »
Excellent work Tim, good to see the old police car given a new lease of life.

I'd veen thinking (very idly) about a SWAT surveillance van, bsed on the Police Van hull, but I only have one van to experiment with so I've been unwilling to mess about with it.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 16:12:47 »
Hello Gordon

Thank you for the reply. I remember you mentioning a scene of crime unit quite a while ago now. I vaguely remember seeing a picture of it before you started to review your police force. I would be really interested to see what direction you were going with it and how far you got :).

Kindest Regards  Tim

Hello Martin

Thank you very much for your kind reply. Its a tricky situation when you only have one particular vehicle in your collection and an idea for a custom using it. I have faced this myself and the rule of thumb is if its still available in the shops and i can pop and get a replacement i will use it !! If it has been discontinued and i only have one then i leave the idea untill i can get a second hand one to cut up.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 17:24:09 »
Hello Gordon

Thank you for the reply. I remember you mentioning a scene of crime unit quite a while ago now. I vaguely remember seeing a picture of it before you started to review your police force. I would be really interested to see what direction you were going with it and how far you got :).

Kindest Regards  Tim

I'm pretty certain I've no pictures, Tim, but I'll see if I can find any and, in any case, write to you with details.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 02:30:20 »

Hello Gustavo

Thank you very much for the kind reply. I am quite a big fan of the old vehicles myself but there comes a point when some of them have to be retired from service :(. I allways try to update them with new versions as most of my 'special services' are run similar to real life. That means when a new model comes out the old one is taken out of service and replaced. The good thing is i can allways find a use for them and most get to take on new jobs some where else. That happened recently when i decided to give one of the very old Ambulances a new job and ever since i did i have been after another one !! Its like the old Police cars, i cant get my hands on enough of them now i have a new use for them.

That's really good.

For some odd reason, I thought about Back to the future II ... I think it's because Dr. Brown converted the old De Lorean in one very functional (flying) future car ...

Do you make fantasy stuff? I'd LOVE to see a flying Blade Runner/Back to the future model ;D ...

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 06:31:03 »
The interior detail you have created is, well, awesome was the word that came to mind!   :wow: :wow: :wow:

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 08:43:11 »
Hello Gordon

Thank you very much for the reply. If you do have any more information on your scene of crimes unit i would be really interested. Had you thought about what equipment it would carry ? I haven't really looked into the subject in great detail yet but its something i would like to do now my Police force is expanding.
I meant to say that i intentionally kept the old light bar mount in place on the unmarked car. I decided that it may well have a use in certain situations or scenarios in the future. I missed this out in the blurb at the beginning and it looks odd without the explanation.

Kindest Regards  Tim

Hello Gustavo

Unfortunately i don't really go into SciFi or Fantasy stuff. When i plan a project it usually has to be something i need in my collection to preform a 'real life' task. So most of the things i make are based on the needs of my Playmobil town. If i was to go in the direction of modeling SciFi it would mainly be based on space and in keeping with the Playmobil space theme. I know there are a few people out there that would be more than willing to take up the challenge of a Back To The Future car though !! If they did i would be really interested in seeing it !!

Kindest regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)