Author Topic: any news about may's secret sets?  (Read 19173 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: any news about may's secret sets?
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2008, 17:13:44 »

However, Hasbro is about to release three Playmobil size Indiana Jones vehicles.see attachments

There's a toy enterprize about to launch Playmobil in Brasil again ... (It's official, now.)

They're associated with Hasbro. Is it good? :-\ I'm a bit worried about.

G.
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 16:29:51 »

I can't see how that Pirate set fits into the shape of the silhouette of the secret set.

The pirate set was the DS special for May, and not the secret set it seems, so it's still "wait and see" as I can't see Playmobil saying there will be something special and then just slipping it out without any publicity.  Maybe there has just been a delay in production.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2008, 14:18:36 »
There is something strange about these two secret May sets. I have tried to email (in German)PLAYMOBIL's German service deparment about these two sets. They answered that they didn't have any secret sets :o

I have just sent a new email to PLAYMOBIL where I have included a picture of the announcement (which can be found on the first page in this thread). Now we have to wait for a new answer ;)
And yes, I know I should have attached the announcement the first time, but I forgot :no:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 14:24:07 by LHAAP »

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
Now is it sure
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2008, 14:37:34 »
They are fast in Zirndorf :clap: I have already received an answer to my second email. The new email can't be misunderstood.

They write that the two secret May sets are the 4445 Polizei-Wasserflugzeug und 4446 Ganster-Hovercraft and that it is right that they were planed to be released in May, but they were moved to an earlier date.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2008, 14:57:09 »
Out of interest, in what format did the original "Secret May Sets" announcement appear? Was it a leaflet, email, page on their website, or what?

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2008, 14:57:57 »
I think I will go out and buy a Lego. >:( >:(

Gepetto

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2008, 15:09:22 »
Out of interest, in what format did the original "Secret May Sets" announcement appear? Was it a leaflet, email, page on their website, or what?

As far as I can see, the announcement was only available at the back page of a so-called "Fachhändlerkatalog" (which means a catalogue only for the toy shops).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2008, 15:58:36 »
Well, that is a disappointment for some (though not me as I'd worked out whatever it was it wasn't a fire engine!).  I wonder if the release was brought forward because of the release of the very similar Lego police floatplane?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2008, 16:18:51 »
As far as I can see, the announcement was only available at the back page of a so-called "Fachhändlerkatalog" (which means a catalogue only for the toy shops).

Well, if it wasn't announced to the general public, I don't think the general public (that's us) can be disappointed.

Still, it boosted Lego's sales a bit.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2008, 16:35:20 »
Oh, and thank you LHAAP for solving the mystery for us.