Author Topic: any news about may's secret sets?  (Read 19172 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: any news about may's secret sets?
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008, 22:19:55 »
i am so unhappy with geobra.  :(
i just visited their site and nothing new appears.  :(
this is very sad - it will not turn me into a lego fan but it is really very sad.  :'(
i cannot understand what's the point of announcing a "very secret", "mega-strong", "guaranteed play and action" and then fail to produce it.  ???
maybe geobra is just to confident on their own superiority and think this is not such a big deal but they are wrong - empires fall over seamingly small causes like this one.  :yup:
i wouldn't change the name of this forum yet to "lego-friends" but maybe "playmo-acquainted" could be a good idea right now.  ::)
i just hope geobra can produce some sort of apology over this fiasco - the danish wouldn't hesitate to do so.
  :hmm:

p.s. i am also very unhappy about the absence of a reaction over this matter in the klickywelt forum. maybe they just prefer to ignore and accept every wrong-doing that comes from geobra (not a nice thing to see) or maybe they are just silent due to shock (a better option).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 22:27:07 by cachalote »
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 02:03:19 »
i wouldn't change the name of this forum yet to "lego-friends" but maybe "playmo-acquainted" could be a good idea right now.  ::)
i just hope geobra can produce some sort of apology over this fiasco - the danish wouldn't hesitate to do so.
  :hmm:

p.s. i am also very unhappy about the absence of a reaction over this matter in the klickywelt forum. maybe they just prefer to ignore and accept every wrong-doing that comes from geobra (not a nice thing to see) or maybe they are just silent due to shock (a better option).

It's good to have honest critics on what you use ...

I have to admit that I've been finding difficult to expect something from Geobra. Not because they couldn't give or make, but because I feel like without voice, I don't know. Maybe I simply behave as a child, in what concerns their production and I get what interests me, and let pass what doesn't ...

I didn't use to be a very demanding child, in a certain view point ... Although I was, all right, very demanding, in person, I think.

I'd like to have more ... honest complaints to make. In a way, I don't have faith in my requests or dreams about Playmobil ... Maybe I still find many things that please me. But then, well, it isn't a difficult thing to please a fellow who has two klicky (and two halfs ... is it halves? ...)

(I had to click a klicky apart, so I have two plus one completely torn apart ;D More will be arriving by the end of the month ... Even so, I'll need much more, and I can't say when I'll may breath. It's a certain anxiety and, at the same time, it's better the way it is than with none at all! Absolutely better!)

Anyway ...

I don't believe it might ever happen, Cachalote, but, well, it could be worse: Pirates could be discontinued ... (like 1900) :-\

I actually don't believe it will ever happen, but, well, it's an enterprise, not a culture factory ... No matter that they did greatly, throughout the years.

To discontinue the Medieval Civillian collection is, in my view, one of the worse actions ever! :'( :'( :'(

Pirates is a collection with great potential. I believe we may see a Spanish colonization collection still, although they're different historic periods ... Even so, Geobra seems to treat them as the same thing.

(@ everyone)

Which makes me remember of something very strange too: have you ever noticed that, in the catalogue, Knights is usually (not to say always ...) AFTER Pirates?! ??? Cloudy heaven!, it's so weird ... :hmm:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2008, 02:08:54 »

Hello, legofriends ...
:lol:

Hey, Richard ...

Tecnically, it would better be something more like

"legofriends ..." ;)

Hm, the lego isn't that bad ... But, er ... No, thanks! ;D

G.--
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2008, 05:36:40 »

I bought a set of the new Indiana Jones Lego! Set 7622 from the "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

Well well, it's years since I bought any Lego, but I'm heading out today to see if I can get one of these Indiana Jones sets. I love the Indiana Jones Movies (I suspect Playmobil's "Jungle Theme" is their nod towards this genre, but more flexible).

Out of interest Richard, what does this set cost in the US? It's up on Lego's UK site for £25, which seems a bit steep to me - maybe they have to charge a lot because of the license?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2008, 05:49:11 »
Everybody seems to be getting a bit carried away and assuming that because it's now 17th May there will be no special surprise from Playmobil.  But surely, "mid-May" is an approximate term, and isn't necessarily just the 15th and 16th, but could be, say, the 14th to 21st.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 07:21:03 »
I'm still waiting,

I can't see how that Pirate set fits into the shape of the silhouette of the secret set.

The only thing that is clear is the hat, and the figure wearing it has to be in the foreground and the tower in the far distance for the height ratio to be correct.

There are no distinct battlement shapes visible and no palm tree protruding out of the shape.

Of course I would still like to see a couple of western sets, so I keep seeing an odd shaped cowboy hat and rockies.  8}
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2008, 08:12:19 »
Quote from a German member on Klickywelt.de:
"mit dem neuem Spiel was jetzt per Newsletter kam, dürfte der letzte Zweifel ausgeräumt sein das es sich bei der Überraschung für Mai, um die beiden Sets Wasserflugzeug und Hovercraftboot handelt."

What do you mean about this?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2008, 13:26:33 »

Hello, Martin ... :wave:

Out of interest Richard, what does this set cost in the US? It's up on Lego's UK site for £25, which seems a bit steep to me - maybe they have to charge a lot because of the license?

Lego Raiders of the Lost Ark Set 7622 cost me $30.USD (actually $29.99) at K-Mart here in the US Virgin Islands. It's probably a bit cheaper at Target or ToysrUs on the mainland.

However, Hasbro is about to release three Playmobil size Indiana Jones vehicles. They will cost less than $20. USD and they really look great. I've attached the pictures.

All the best,
Richard

see attachments

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2008, 15:37:27 »
Quote from a German member on Klickywelt.de:
"mit dem neuem Spiel was jetzt per Newsletter kam, dürfte der letzte Zweifel ausgeräumt sein das es sich bei der Überraschung für Mai, um die beiden Sets Wasserflugzeug und Hovercraftboot handelt."

What do you mean about this?
It appears to suggest that the new seaplane game means that the surprise item will be to do with the seaplane and hovercraft theme.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2008, 15:42:02 »
It appears to suggest that the new seaplane game means that the surprise item will be to do with the seaplane and hovercraft theme.
Exactly! Other members at Klickywelt.de have suggested that too...

We can't be sure, but I think we have to wait to see if PLAYMOBIL will announce anything next week.