Author Topic: NovaBombardment from Canada!  (Read 1613 times)

Offline NovaBombardment

• Mii Enthusiast
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Enjoy what you like.
NovaBombardment from Canada!
« on: September 04, 2024, 22:06:47 »
Hello everybody! I am Brian, and I'm 34 years old. I had never heard of Playmobil until last year when I spotted the Wii game at a used game shop. Its cute characters caught my attention right away, and I quickly wanted more once I played it.

I'm a video game fan more than anything else, but I had stopped playing modern games back in 2017. I had only been buying and playing Wii games since then, and was starting to get burnt out on it by late 2023. I was already thinking of going toy shopping for a change of pace, and that's right around when I discovered the Playmobil game.

I tried a few toy lines, but Playmobil was the one I ended up latching on to. I quickly came to find out how challenging it was to track down, but building a big scene out of the figures was just too fun for that to be a deal breaker. I decided to focus on making one large beach scene, and bought many sets to form one large diorama. As I was only just getting into it, I tried to focus on more recent sets that likely wouldn't be as popular to long time veterans of the toy line. Most of my sets are from the 2020s, with only a few going back into the 2010s.

The characters have so much personality despite their limited mobility, and they made me think back to early episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine. I was hooked at how fun it was to build a little universe, and how you could mix and match characters and items from various sets to tell a unique story. A robber from one set could just as easily be the gruff, but law abiding husband of a lovely lady. A seemingly pointless crab found in one set could be a genuine concern to a life guard from another set. Mixing the set contents together became one of my favourite aspects of scene building, but I would never swap the body parts of the Klickys as I already liked them as the characters they were.

Some months after getting into Playmobil though, I rescued a kitten and had to pack it all away. I was kind of frustrated about the whole situation, so I decided to look into Playmobil 1.2.3. as a pet safe alternative. I picked up the lovely doughnut truck and adventure playground sets at clearance, and it turned out my kitten loved to play with them! My cat loves chasing the doughnuts down the hall, he loves knocking all of the kids off of the play equipment, and he loves whapping the ice cream lady through the ice cream stand. (Sending all the ice creams tumbling too.)

This week I ordered five other sets after months of not buying any, and we're going to have fun with them when they arrive. :)

That's basically all there is to know about my Playmobil experience so far!
I discovered Playmobil via the Wii game in 2023.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: NovaBombardment from Canada!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2024, 08:14:48 »
Hello and welcome Brian, from me in Stroud, UK!
Your kitten sounds like a big fan of Playmobil too- any chance of some pictures? Or, to put it another way,  :picsplz:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 09:20:24 »
Welcome from Portugal :)

I never really thought of 123 as regarding to a cat! :o   

And yes... like GrahamB said... :picsplz: 

I LOVE animals :love:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2024, 10:46:51 »
A very warm welcome to you Brian from Marlow on Thames, UK  :wave: :welcome:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline NovaBombardment

• Mii Enthusiast
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Enjoy what you like.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2024, 17:33:34 »
Hello and welcome Brian, from me in Stroud, UK!
Your kitten sounds like a big fan of Playmobil too- any chance of some pictures? Or, to put it another way,  :picsplz:

I have some photos from when he was really little. Here are two of the better ones. :)

A little blurry, but you can see him slapping the ice cream lady through the stand. :)

This one was from a few days ago, so he's much bigger here. This was after we had a long round of "roll the doughnuts down the hall".
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 18:14:12 by NovaBombardment »
I discovered Playmobil via the Wii game in 2023.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2024, 07:02:14 »
Great! Thanks for the pictures Brian!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2024, 07:39:51 »
:love:

He's so gorgeous :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2024, 07:42:18 »
How sweet are these pictures  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2024, 18:55:31 »
Welcome!

Cats take over everything, don't they?  :lol: