Author Topic: 123 electric train  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
123 electric train
« on: June 20, 2024, 02:40:31 »
I have a diorama I want to set up and need to find a 123 electric train. There seems to be a few in Germany on EBay so I’m not sure if it was released in the US.

What I wanted to know is what is the speed of the train , how is it turned on/off and what is the battery set up ?

I searched on YouTube for videos and found nothing

Thanks
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 123 electric train
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 18:29:50 »
Does this help?

Thank you, yes

I can see where the 3 AA batteries go, what looks like the forward/reverse green buttons

Now just to see it running for speed and capabilities

And then off shopping
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2024, 19:01:08 »
Hi Walter!

I bought one of these used but in like-new condition from a German ebay seller 3 or 4 years ago for my grandkids and it is really great.  I don't think it was ever released in the US but I had a good experience buying from Germany.  As to the speed, I couldn't say exactly, but it moves along at a pretty good clip.  I had a little trouble figuring out how to open the battery compartment - the red cover is partially hinged where it meets the control button section (as shown on page 4 of the instructions that playmofire provided.)  After you remove the screw, you have to lift the red cover up toward the front in order for it to release rather than pulling back. 

Also, the forward and backward arrows will turn the engine on and, if I remember correctly, pressing between the arrows turns it off.  There is also an auto-off after a period of time.

Good luck with your diorama!   :wave:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2024, 20:01:42 »
Thank you Indianna for the helpful info

Too bad about the auto off, but I understand why they would do that

I had a suspicion that it never was released in the US

They seem to be about $30 + shipping

I want to get the black track

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2024, 14:36:41 »
My purchase from Germany was just for the engine and the car, no track.  I share your preference for the black track (which Playmobil calls "dark grey".)  The grandkids already had the 6880 Night Train set and I was able to get more from ebay and there were some add-on sets of track that I had acquired years ago.  Maybe you could even give Playmobil USA a call to see if they still have any 1-2-3 track parts available . . . .  :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts