Author Topic: Modern steck  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Modern steck
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2024, 14:13:29 »
Yes, the Zoo ! It also had that beautiful staircase

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2024, 19:09:34 »
This might be heretical, but if they were to do a 'modern' line of Steck then I think they should go with the Victorian House scale rather than the traditional Steck scale. If you want to use buildings as anything other than background props, Steck is too small in scale for proper play

I didn’t know there is a difference in scale. The Victorian buildings and the castle pieces don’t fit together?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2024, 21:17:09 »
The Victorian walls have 5 tabs where as the zoo, western, medieval have 4 tabs

The safari foundations have 2 tabs

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2024, 07:27:09 »
Here are some pictures of the Steck hospital I posted on here recently. We definitely need a ground floor in the new Steck buildings!

Ambulance Station 3432

Now its white Steck and white toasts!

...it has some nice parts, at least 8 of which are unique to this set (white Steck wall parts, grey door and window parts).

Some of the white building elements can also be found in the vacation cottage 3771, and the floor parts are also in the Riverdale Station set. These floor parts can be used to provide floors for the Steck buildings in the theme ‘Old Houses’ (see here), but were never included in those sets. 18 white toasts fill the gaps at the tops of the walls not occupied by signs.

There is a partition dividing the building into two unequal-sized rooms. There are five windows and two side doors in grey with grey frames and horizontal slats.

One end wall has two large white doors and internal shelving.

The base consists of 12 pieces:

The roof has 9 parts. There are two large red cross symbols on stickers on the roof.

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2024, 09:37:51 »
The Victorian walls have 5 tabs where as the zoo, western, medieval have 4 tabs

Aren't the tabs also bigger on the Victorian walls?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2024, 17:43:19 »
Aren't the tabs also bigger on the Victorian walls?

I’ve never tried, unfortunately our Victorian maestro (MacGyver) is currently unavailable, I’m sure he would have made them fit one way or another

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2024, 17:45:43 »
Here are some pictures of the Steck hospital I posted on here recently. We definitely need a ground floor in the new Steck buildings!

Wow, awesome pictures of that rare set. Such simplistic beauty. Proper color choices.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2024, 18:03:58 »
Yes, thanks for the nice pictures.
Those double doors are really nice. In the Netherlands a lot of houses build in the 30s have them with stained glass windows.  :love:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2024, 21:56:19 »
I’ve never tried, unfortunately our Victorian maestro (MacGyver) is currently unavailable, I’m sure he would have made them fit one way or another
Same size I recall, just taller wall section. The castle walls fit the Victorian house base plates and are compatible with the roof too.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2024, 00:52:49 »
And there was stecks in red