Author Topic: Modern steck  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
Modern steck
« on: June 16, 2024, 18:04:55 »
In the topic: You are put in charge of Playmobil, what do you do? I opted for the introduction of steck for modern buildings. I gave it some thought and this is what I came up with:

The first picture shows the basic steck pieces. Gray stone corners with white walls in between. I made one size opening for adding doors and windows.
For the roof I would love to have a corner roof piece (in the middle) to be able to make a T shaped building. I added big window pieces to the roof to give it a more modern appearance.

In the second picture I’ve added doors and windows. I chose grey for the window frames to make it more versatile. Smaller windows will give the building a more homey feeling.

In the third picture I added a floor and different windows. These windows feel more school or hospital to me.

Let me know what you think of this idea.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 18:20:27 by Eplay »

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
Re: Modern steck
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2024, 18:14:21 »
By adding half size walls with a small window (or normal wall with 2 windows) you can easily make other types of buildings. For example this southern American style home.
The wall pieces could be made looking like wood. This has already been done in the Western steck buildings.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2024, 18:19:55 »
It would also be possible to make a bay window to fit in the wall piece with the big whole. With that you can create a London style home.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2024, 19:21:23 »
Looks pretty great, they could have varying wall colours too even if it can be combined.

Typically in a batch they could release a big and a small building that could be combined, using the same colours and all that.
Like a small house and a larger house, like the Victorian houses.

But they can also do stuff like that for the police theme.
Like have a smaller police office and a big one, which still have some different facilities that can be combined.
Both could have a desk with a computer, small one could have a jail cell and the big one could have two.
Only the big one however could have a bit of an armoury with rifles, sniper rifles and stuff like that, and a helicopter platform.
The small one could be more equipped to deal with smaller problems, could maybe have a place to take pictures of prisoners and fingerprints.

I always have found it a great approach to have a bigger and smaller version of the main set in a theme, fitting for the budget of parents. And the other smaller sets can work with either.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2024, 19:49:01 »
Different wall colours and textures would be great. Playmobil often uses different colours in their building. (eg the yellow modern home 9266 or the pink villa 5574.

That’s a great idea for a police station. I like it.
Being able to combine the big and small set is also a good idea.

For me a basic building with different add ons would be great, like a helicopter pad for a hospital, police station or fire station. And that you can change the overall look by changing doors and windows. So that it’s easy to first buy a police station, but being able to change it into a fire station or hospital by changing window and furniture.

Like I said in the other topic: I don’t want to buy 5 different buildings. Most parents don’t have the space (or money).

Modern steck buildings. Like the Victorian buildings, but then modern so that you can buy a big set once and get creative. Make a house/hospital/school/shopping mall or supermarket/dance studio/hotel/museum/police station etc. Same opening in the walls for different windows and doors, but interchangeable with different colours and types of windows. Add smaller sets for the different themes to make the empty building a house/hospital/school etc (furniture and klickies, playmobil already has a lot of sets they could incorporate) or separate walls like walls with bars for making a police station.
Market it: one building, endless opportunities, just use your imagination. As a parent I don’t want to buy 5 big buildings (for €150 each) for my kids to play with. I want to buy one and then add smaller sets to it. Also easier for family and friends to give playmobil sets as a present. And it can grow with your kids and their interests.  With new sets it will be a new building again. Also make sure that wall pieces can be bought as a playmobil plus set.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2024, 21:07:20 »
Are you aware of all the stecks in the western theme

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2024, 21:59:40 »
Plus you had all the awesome safari sets that even had add-ons that a lot of collectors have been begging/voting for a re-release for many years

And the hospital

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2024, 00:51:10 »
There was also a zoo using castle walls in a different colour which included a sliding glass door, a white house with green louvres and a couple of farm buildings.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2024, 05:40:42 »
I didn’t know they made a steck hospital.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2024, 11:16:44 »
This might be heretical, but if they were to do a 'modern' line of Steck then I think they should go with the Victorian House scale rather than the traditional Steck scale. If you want to use buildings as anything other than background props, Steck is too small in scale for proper play