Author Topic: new sets for 2008 - april / july  (Read 21281 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: new sets for 2008 - april / july
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2007, 07:30:43 »

I also was wondereing why santa needs such a large stick but also why does it look like the fireman has a cowboy rope ?

It's meant to be a search and rescue line. However, the grey string and acouple of the handholds as used with the grappling line on the pirate ships would be better.  I very carefully drilled out the inside of one of the handholds so that it was possible to coil a length of string through it and then  the klicky could hold it.  I'll find it and do a pic of it to show clearly what I mean.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2007, 16:14:36 »
Hmmm ... The "dark" side ...  :hmm:

Is it safe to say that all of you also liked Playmobil set 5344? The Victorian Butcher Shop
see attachment

All the best my "scary" friends,
Richard

Nope, that's just being presumptuous ;). I for one am not a fan of this set...

Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2007, 16:54:47 »
what that sets needs is some of the 30 22 5460 roasted ducks and the 30 89 5562 roasted turkeys hanging on a rack .. mmmmm, then maybe some bread under to catch all the drippings
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2007, 17:18:15 »
meanwhile, here are the expected prices for these new sets (thanks to ikeama from klickywelt.de). :wow:

4296 Kirche 59,99 euro
4297 Pavillon 53,99 euro
4298 Brautpaar 8,49 euro
4299 Fotograf 8,49 euro
4307 Brautauto 21,99 euro
4308 Partyzelt 19,49 euro
4309 Piano 8,49 euro

4469 Expeditionsschiff 42,99 euro
4473 U-Boot 33,99 euro
4478 Tauchglocke 11,99 euro
4479 Taucher 4,99 euro
4488 Tropenriff 17.99 euro
4489 Pottwal 16,99 euro
4500 Haifisch-Taucher 10,99 euro

maybe this is actually the real "dark side" 
  :hmm:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2007, 19:26:02 »
all thanks should be kept for klickywelt's daniel, the guy that actually first published all these images. :wow:
in the same forum someone pointed out a shape in new surprise playmobil action sets.
if i am not mistaken, the scale of the set is rather small and it contains a pirate (the circle points the shape of his head and hat, the new "open-tip" model).
but maybe i tend to see pirates everywhere and playmofire will see a firefighter...
???

You might see a Pirate and that would be OK.

However I see rocky mountains and a possible return of the western set's.  ;D
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2007, 19:44:18 »
meanwhile, here are the expected prices for these new sets (thanks to ikeama from klickywelt.de). :wow:

... maybe this is actually the real "dark side"
:hmm:

Ouch! I see what you mean.
I dread to think how much that church will cost once it's available in the UK. :-\

Relieved to see the cost of the grand piano set seems quite reasonable.

Thank you, ikeama and cachalote for the price list. :)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2007, 07:51:27 »
Maybe it's me - but I find these prices rather reasonable ...
If only they would remain priced like that ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2007, 07:37:12 »

Hello, Tim (Tiermann) ...

Set 5344 was labeled "Fleischer" by Playmobil for the German market. By the time it crossed the Atlantic it had become a "Pet Shop" for the American market! (However, you probably already knew that!) ...  :P

All the best,
Richard

Edit: corrected spelling error ...  :-[

I know its off topic, but i thought you had to see this.
This is definitely not a pet shop.
This time i didn't use a link, yes Richard, live and learn :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 13:04:58 by Richard »

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2007, 13:30:40 »

I know its off topic, but i thought you had to see this.
This is definitely not a pet shop.
This time i didn't use a link, yes Richard, live and learn :)

There is no question at all about what that PlayBig set is supposed to be, Rob ...

It is definitely not a "pet shop" ...  :o

Thanks for showing us that other toy companies have also exposed our children to the "dark side" of our food preferences.

Playmobil has "cleaned up" the new System-X grocery store and "packaged" all of their meat products (just like in today's real life) ...

please see attachment

Our adult daughter is certainly old enough and intelligent enough to know where hamburgers really come from. However, if you ask her she will still tell you what she has always wanted to believe ever since she was a lttle girl, "They grow on trees!" ... ;)

Maybe, many of us also want to believe (like our daughter) that we really don't harm any of our animal friends just to satisfy our hunger ...  8}

All the best,
Richard

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2007, 18:01:09 »

Maybe, many of us also want to believe (like our daughter) that we really don't harm any of our animal friends just to satisfy our hunger ...  8}

When I eat at restaurants in China, a lot of the food (like chicken, duck, pigeon, and fish) arrives with the head still attached.  It's supposed to be evidence of freshness, though I don't understand why a sneakster couldn't serve a duck pulled from the freezer with still head attached...

Shrimp with the head still attached can be a little tedious to eat.  Though if you've had enough beers, eating the entire bug is not so big of a problem.  Once in Hong Kong, the party I was with ordered a plate stacked with pigeon heads.  The task: you crack the skull with your teeth and extract the brain, without dropping your chopsticks!

As for the playmobil toys, I think they'd be good education for children.  My dad grew up in a village and participated in the slaughter of the dinner pig.  People didn't get all sentimental about it in those days.  Ironicly, I think when you see it all the time, it bothers you less than when you're sheltered from it.

Though with today's food technology, we could easily go vegetarian and not even notice.  I survived in India for three weeks off purely vegetarian dishes and even gained weight.  The problem on this side of the pond is that our cuisine is so meat-oriented we don't know how to make proper vegetarian dishes unless it's a salad, or something equally unsatisfying to live off longterm.

-Tim
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 18:06:53 by Timotheos »