Author Topic: new sets for 2008 - april / july  (Read 21283 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: new sets for 2008 - april / july
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2007, 00:03:12 »

And what about a funeral set... hearse, coffin, mourners, etc? ;D Yeah.. dream on, Sylvia.  :lol:

Sylvia wrote that???   :o :o :o

Scary, isn't it! ... :(o):

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2007, 00:13:47 »
Sylvia wrote that???   :o :o :o

Oops. That's my dark side showing. :-[
I'm not always sweetness and light. Just 99% of the time. ;D

No... seriously... I wasn't being intentionally macabre.  ;)

I was actually thinking of how my kids play with their klickies - my daughter Tonia, in particular.

She likes to copy everything that she sees happening in real life - not just the happy things, sometimes sad things too. Death is as much a part of everyday life as anything else, so I wouldn't think it strange at all if my children were pretending one of their Playmo characters had died and they held a burial service.
Hmmm... perhaps my kids just aren't normal. :P

I am half way there but thats just me, each to their own at the end of the day :) They fit in with my chosen themes so they get a place in my collection like everything else ;)

Very curious to see your funeral home!  :o

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2007, 00:26:16 »

... :lol:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2007, 11:40:52 »
She likes to copy everything that she sees happening in real life - not just the happy things, sometimes sad things too. Death is as much a part of everyday life as anything else, so I wouldn't think it strange at all if my children were pretending one of their Playmo characters had died and they held a burial service.

I think that's perfectly healthy and normal. The trend towards wrapping kids in cotton wool and not letting them experience the darker side of life just results in them not coping so well when bad or sad things do occur.

I like the doctor's surgery and dental surgey for the opportunity to roleplay these less pleasant situations, and make them less scary. The unknown is always the worst part.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2007, 22:16:03 »
Oops. That's my dark side showing. :-[

No... seriously... I wasn't being intentionally macabre.  ;)

I was actually thinking of how my kids play with their klickies - my daughter Tonia, in particular.

Very curious to see your funeral home!  :o

I can breath a sigh of releif now that i am safe in the knowlege i am not the only one interested in the 'sad' side of things as well as the 'happy' side :yup: I must confess when my Granddad died i made a funeral car out of Lego :yup:. I was only young, probably about 9 years old, it helped me cope with his death or at least that aspect of his death. I guess i was trying to put on a brave face deep down, trying to be grown up or to show my Mom she didnt have to worry about me not being able to cope.
So yes i have allways been interested in the more 'macabre' side of things. This is why i decided to make my towns undertakers. Unfortunatley or fortunatley i havent made a funeral home. I have however converted an Ambulance specially for collecting dead klickies. I posted these pictures in my own Gallery so as not to offend those of a sensitive nature. I made it for a specific reason but its too long winded for this thread. Suffice to say i felt i needed this vehicle to complete part of my collection so i made it  :lol:.

Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2007, 00:38:44 »

Hmmm ... The "dark" side ...  :hmm:

Is it safe to say that all of you also liked Playmobil set 5344? The Victorian Butcher Shop
see attachment

All the best my "scary" friends,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2007, 01:01:56 »
well living in a heavy wine agricultural community it is nice to see the wine or Champaign in the sets 4306 & 4297. i have no idea if these were used before as i do not collect the doll sets but now that these are out it might have to change.

I also was wondereing why santa needs such a large stick but also why does it look like the fireman has a cowboy rope ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2007, 01:14:19 »
Is it safe to say that all of you also liked Playmobil set 5344? The Victorian Butcher Shop

Butcher Shop!!!!!!
I thought it was a pet shop...

:P

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2007, 01:57:02 »
well living in a heavy wine agricultural community it is nice to see the wine or Champaign in the sets 4306 & 4297. i have no idea if these were used before as i do not collect the doll sets but now that these are out it might have to change.

I also was wondereing why santa needs such a large stick but also why does it look like the fireman has a cowboy rope ?

You make me miss living in Livermore, California.  It wasn't Tuscany, but the wine was good enough to get you through the evening.  Shortcuts home through the vineyards...
===================
Santa with a stick must be a German thing.  American Santa's only accessory is a sack and a hat.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2007, 02:36:03 »
Butcher Shop!!!!!!
I thought it was a pet shop...
 :P

Hello, Tim (Tiermann) ...

Set 5344 was labeled "Fleischer" by Playmobil for the German market. By the time it crossed the Atlantic it had become a "Pet Shop" for the American market! (However, you probably already knew that!) ...  :P

All the best,
Richard

Edit: corrected spelling error
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 13:01:26 by Richard »