Author Topic: Why Playmobil is safe for your children.  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Why Playmobil is safe for your children.
« on: November 09, 2007, 20:21:54 »
On the Playmobil website there is now a page to reasure Parents mainly that Playmobil is a safe toy for your children. It could of been there a while but it's the first time that I have noticed it.

Here is what it says.

How PLAYMOBIL Provides Safe and High-quality ToysI. Design and Development
The safety of a PLAYMOBIL toy begins long before it is produced. At PLAYMOBIL, we take up to three years to develop an extremely safe and high-quality product. This means that, during the creation process, our designers and engineers are trained to avoid any hazards, including: sharp edges, choking dangers and possible misuse. They also select the most appropriate material for every piece. The PLAYMOBIL design department, with more than 60 qualified designers, model makers and tool makers, has more than 30 years of experience developing first-class quality toys.

II. Testing of all Raw Material
Our commitment to produce safe and high-quality toys is to use 100 percent high-quality materials. That is why PLAYMOBIL has all raw materials, including paint, tested according to European and U.S. safety standards prior to using it in the manufacturing process. This guarantees, for example, that PLAYMOBIL only uses paint or printing colors that comply with standards regarding the content of lead or other metals. In order to ensure quality control, PLAYMOBIL has outlined guidelines for all suppliers so the materials they provide meet all safety standards.

III. Testing the Finished Product
All of our finished toys are tested according to European and U.S. Toy Safety Standards (ASTM) by independent testing laboratories.

IV. Production “Under Control”
PLAYMOBIL toy production is based in Europe, with the company headquarters just 15 miles away from the major production site in the heart of Germany. This allows PLAYMOBIL to track and monitor the quality of the toys at fully owned manufacturing sites. Horst Brandstätter, the owner of PLAYMOBIL, states that: “I manufacture PLAYMOBIL in Europe, because I trust my team of employees who understand the brand and are experienced in the manufacturing process in order to reach supreme quality with the best technology and equipment I can provide.” Only a few parts, less than 2 percent of the complete range of toys, are sourced from high-quality, long-term Chinese production partners. PLAYMOBIL sources these components because of the substantial amount of hand labour they require. We hold these manufacturers to the same high standards as we do with our European counterparts. PLAYMOBIL is committed to investing into the highest quality resources that meet all of our high safety standards.

V. At your Service!
To fulfill our vision of excellence, PLAYMOBIL’s Consumer Service Representatives are available to answer your questions, wishes, parts requirements and technical support.

Obviously this a response to all the problems with toys made in China.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Why Playmobil is safe for your children.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 00:54:29 »
They should have mentioned the cannons.

"And we make these crazy big cannon balls.  We don't know why.  The kids don't swallow the cuff links and other small accessories.  But it sounded like a good idea and with Hans out of the way, we're free to do all sorts of boring stuff."

-Tim