Author Topic: Japanese with bent 'hockey-player" arms  (Read 2507 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: Japanese with bent 'hockey-player" arms
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 01:27:32 »
luckily Geobra didn't make these arms specifically right or left, so we can 'arm' (pardon the pun) two soldiers with a pair of those hockey arms  ;)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 14:52:08 »
I know he still looks crippled to those of us who have been playing with klickies for eons but this is now 100% original playmo.....here to stay although there was a time many of us thought would be unthinkable or ridiculous os something Geobra would never compromise with....looks like nothing is impossible now, with their current development team....I'm certainly not complaining anymore  ;D

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 16:11:46 »
Great use of the new arms, cheng!

luckily Geobra didn't make these arms specifically right or left, so we can 'arm' (pardon the pun) two soldiers with a pair of those hockey arms  ;)
Surely the arms are right or left handed?

I think this is a great development. As you have shown, cheng, the possibilities for poses of klickies are really extended by the bent arms. For example, those opera glasses on a long handle are IMO ridiculous! Can a klicky look through binoculars with the new bent arm? I guess they would still only be able to hold them in one hand.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 16:26:53 »
partly agreed, GrahamB....
the right arm can only be used as a right arm but the left arm is symmetical and can also be used as a right arm (see the 1800 German sailor on the left of the earlier photo)

unfortunately, the left arm is not angled enough to hold a pair of binoculars,
.... but who knows, Geobra might make more moulds some day.....we just have to do with what we can do with this pair for the next few years  :P

My God..thise opera glasses!? Geobra might as well make spoons and forks this shape :o
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 16:34:22 by cheng »

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 17:45:53 »
two more try outs....wonder what klickies will come out with bent arms again  ;D

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 04:38:10 »
I like the drummer, and gives me hope for a piper at some point.

So where did the mon skirt come from, I assume from a flower seller?

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 06:23:37 »
I think a beer-serving dame? You didnt consult our playmodb?
yes! a longer flute will be easier to hold...great idea!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 19:28:04 »
I can't believe you did all of these with TWO arms!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 19:33:03 »
Very interesting!
I thought I read somewhere the hockey-players´arms came with non-removable gloves... so the gloves can be removed afterall and  standard klicky can then be inserted? Could you post a picture of removing the gloves, or just after?

Concerning the opera glasses, these often come on a stick though usually one not as long as the playmo version.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 07:45:31 »
Very interesting!
I thought I read somewhere the hockey-players´arms came with non-removable gloves... so the gloves can be removed afterall and  standard klicky can then be inserted? Could you post a picture of removing the gloves, or just after?

Concerning the opera glasses, these often come on a stick though usually one not as long as the playmo version.

sorry, I didnt think anyone would be interested(I thought separating the legs would be more challenging, hence my other thread but guess I'm wrong) in the simple process I can describe here;
just pull off the gloves(snapped in place with a stub).....saw off the rods sticking out from the wrists, then drill holes slightly smaller (so they can hold the new hands tightly) than the pins holding the new hands and just push them in, still rotatable at their wrists but not as securely as original wrists of course.

oh, so the opera sticks are correct but guess too long from your point of view.