Author Topic: Mystery figures next series  (Read 11504 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Mystery figures next series
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2015, 19:01:24 »
but now because I'm not going to pay for something that doesn't intrigue me, I get the cold shoulder.

What do you mean by getting the cold shoulder?

The way I see it, before I was a PCC member I didn't know anything about sets that weren't announced officially yet. I know there was always Klickywelt leaking retail catalogue pictures, sure. But imho it's only natural that the company would try to prevent that from happening over and over again.

Now they ask €10 a year and send you a pretty neat exclusive figure in return (shipping + value alone is worth €10), and you get info about the new releases over half a year early. Plus they have created a way to ask questions to PM staff, and they actually do listen, answer, explain their views and strategies, etc... They do their best to make sure all PCC members get access to exclusive sets, which you would otherwise have to hunt over the internet and pay to get shipped to you. They even ask your opinion when they decide which collector sets to re-release, and actually take the results into account, and make the most-desired sets available again.

To make up for the fact that the discussion platform there is beyond frustrating, they even gave us permission to create a private board here, as a sort of extention to the PCC's paying-member board. That is pretty trusting and accommodating on their part.

How does that make them a bad company all of the sudden?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2015, 19:15:21 »
To make up for the fact that the discussion platform there is beyond frustrating, they even gave us permission to create a private board here, as a sort of extention to the PCC's paying-member board. That is pretty trusting and accommodating on their part.

Ah yes - that was quite amazing!  ;D

Now we can even blab to our hearts delight in a proper forum immediately!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2015, 21:24:34 »
Indeed, I wasnt a member the first year but became one last year and am still quite happy about it, recently renewed my membership for the first time.

While I can't speak about upcomeing special sales, last year I got quite a few nice things which I did post in my new purchases thread.
I got the white knight, A play+give fleur de lis knight in gold armor, the newest knight christopher and some four way steck connectors. And Marco Polo for free.

And other than that its nice to be able to talk somewhat with Playmobil employees and they do listen to constructive feedback and have commented on it often enough.

Also nice to know a bit in advance what will be released to get a bit of an idea of expenses.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2015, 00:02:33 »
But it's a shame, if it's true, that those supposed mystery figures aren't the ones they are going to do.  They were some of the best things I've seen in a while.  Whoever created those should actually work for the company

Amen.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2015, 00:32:01 »
I suppose that one of my gripes is the 'loyalty' program that requires people to buy memberships for exclusive rights.  Do other companies require people pay for their loyalty programs? 

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2015, 04:33:16 »
I suppose that one of my gripes is the 'loyalty' program that requires people to buy memberships for exclusive rights.  Do other companies require people pay for their loyalty programs?

Costco
Gas clubs
Golf clubs
Yacht  club

Type of places

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2015, 05:13:38 »
And I will point out that the club charges an annual fee because we the collectors requested that they do so. When we were discussing the creation of the club in the initial test group there was concern about people joining just to get the club exclusives to sell and we voted in favor of charging a membership fee to help narrow it to people who are serious about Playmobil. The PCC isn't for just anyone who buys Playmobil it is for collectors and adult enthusiasts, children can't join on their own for the same reason. It is not a loyalty program, it is a Playmobil Collectors Club.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2015, 06:08:24 »
^ What Tiermann said.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2015, 14:19:07 »
To me the PCC membership is worth it. I realise living in Europe makes it easier to make use of all the benefits. The costs of the fee are no more than a small financial compensation for all they offer.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2015, 15:21:51 »
REI also is paid membership and I get access to used gear sales. Lots of companies do it with great success and feed back. It's hard to pass on $5 keen saddles that have been worn once. I am quite happy to pay to play at all these establishments. Last month I bought a $2200 folding Alaskan style kayak...brand new but previously bought.. for $200. Great club as far as I am concerned. Geobras club is still in diapers but it's growing. I will stick it out and see where it goes.

As far as the fake series 10, very disappointed that it's true. I would have bought a few cases if they were real. They really look like they got some ideas from previous Lego seriess
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: