Author Topic: 2015 Releases  (Read 8127 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: 2015 Releases
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 15:06:41 »
Thanks, this does give some more detailed pictures of the new sets!

By the way, what do you all think of the pirates with cannons that will be released ahead of the new pirate theme?

I quite like the idea of doing this though.. it was nice with the knights theme last year too, when they released four tournament knights a few months before the new medieval theme.

A shame they went with these somewhat weird cannons though.. while I love the shape of these larger cannons, I hate the colors. I dont care for the projectiles since I never use those anyways but I am just not quite sure what to do with these cannons.. Maybe if the paint can come off easily enough or better yet its stickers that can be left off I might get several.

Personly I hope these cannons will be high enough to go with medieval steck walls. Normal cannons are too low for that.

The pirates themselves look great though, aside from two having painted on belts that dont go under a coat. I quite like the old captain in green. That hat shape is nice but not used often, that hairpiece has not been made in grey before and the beard isnt common either. Green isnt used that often on pirates either, and while this fellow is quite colorfull, it works well here, the details on his printing too.
Also I think that weapon standard is a new part.. but the one he has with a ship on it looks great to use as a sign for a pirate tavern. The standards that come with the others look great for similar purposes too.

Other than that, it appears the new pirateship of the main theme is heavily overpriced at 70 euros, with the current pirateship listed at 75.
I got mine much cheaper, at 50 euros I think, but if the recommended price difference is that slight considering how little the new ship contains, that just doesnt sit right with me. I figured that at the very least the new ship would be much cheaper due to not having a cabin, accesoires other than a few weapons and only a single cannon. No kid either.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 16:13:00 »
By the way, what do you all think of the pirates with cannons that will be released ahead of the new pirate theme?

I love the skulls, but not sure what for. I kinda like the black cannon, especially..

The pirates themselves look great though, aside from two having painted on belts that dont go under a coat. I quite like the old captain in green. That hat shape is nice but not used often, that hairpiece has not been made in grey before and the beard isnt common either.

The hair with the headband does exist in grey - example:

It is welcome anyways..  gorgeous hair :)

Also I think that weapon standard is a new part.. but the one he has with a ship on it looks great to use as a sign for a pirate tavern. The standards that come with the others look great for similar purposes too.

I hadn't payed attention - you're VERY right on that..

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2015, 16:18:46 »
In a blog post over at PCC Grafschafter posted a link to their album of photos from the Toyfair displays. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B7BFB6316259937!326&authkey=!ABJ3AKS-veGOQqY&ithint=folder%2cjpg

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2015, 17:00:08 »
In a blog post over at PCC Grafschafter posted a link to their album of photos from the Toyfair displays. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B7BFB6316259937!326&authkey=!ABJ3AKS-veGOQqY&ithint=folder%2cjpg

So many great parts to be had.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2015, 17:00:56 »

Thanks for the link :)

It's a shame those aren't the actual klickys though.. (and the glue.. the glue all over the place drives me insane).

I'm VERY MUCH DROOLING over the female gladiator... WANT.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2015, 17:04:10 »
Picture 116 of 213 what is that a clear pirate with a rat?

Picture 163, did they seriously put missiles on the space shuttle? Talk about a stupid idea. What next, oh farries won't sell if they arent waring

Pic 176, 177 this is not playmobil at all, GMO klickies here we go  :'(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 17:47:19 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2015, 19:27:05 »
Yes, that is a clear pirate with a rat, it's one of the Advent Calendars because nothing says Merry Christmas quite like ghost pirates and rats.
I dislike the missiles on the space theme too, sends the wrong message. We can pretend they are for some space exploration purpose instead I guess, but I think it's a miss on their part.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2015, 20:55:14 »
because nothing says Merry Christmas quite like ghost pirates and rats.

:giggle:

But those rats are gorgeous and an absolute must have. So is the scarecrow (with actual skull?) from the pirate rock.

I'm sorry if someone else already noticed and/or answered this question, but why on earth are the faces of the Super4Series clickies merely stickers...??? Weren't the actual figures ready in time for the Toyfair?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 21:23:51 »
I'm sorry if someone else already noticed and/or answered this question, but why on earth are the faces of the Super4Series clickies merely stickers...??? Weren't the actual figures ready in time for the Toyfair?

They never are... When they started to sell single klickys on the german site, the asian woman's face was also stickers... It looks dreadful. Actually, just look at any of the figure series preview...

Facces, printing... Even the ankles of the women when the high heels appeared weren't final...

I suppose generally now the quality of the photos is very good, and allow all these to be seen..

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2015, 03:47:16 »
Wow!!!! I love the new pictures! And those rats actually excite me! They have possibilities. A lit of what I saw has possibilities!!!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)