Author Topic: Farm Vacation  (Read 6302 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Re: Farm Vacation
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2014, 05:06:34 »
Quote from: PlaymoMan
I suspect there will be a slight conflict when Norman shares his business strategies with Delshad.

One would expect that!  But we shall see.....

Part Five - The Talk with Delshad

'Do come in,' said Delshad.

'Go through into the kitchen.'

'I just want to give you some helpful advice,' Norman began, 'And I've identified a few areas in which profitable improvements can be made.'

'First of all,' said Norman, 'Those so-called volunteers of yours.  I haven't noticed them actually volunteering to do anything!  They are just sitting around, enjoying a free vacation, and with free food thrown in as well!  If you get rid of those young people, then you can use the campsite for paying guests.'

'Secondly,' he continued, 'The children's play area.  It is too unconventional.  You will attract more families, and have more families returning, if you replace it with conventional children's play equipment.'

'Thirdly, the camels.  Once again, these are too unconventional, and are not what most people have in mind when you advertise "friendly animals to interact with".  And you have too many animals in general.  My suggestion is to sell off what you have, and to start again.  And rather than have unprofitable "friendly animals to interact with", you need to think in terms of what will make you a farming profit.  Now, I'm no farmer, but I've heard it said that pig farming makes a good profit nowadays.  So think about pigs, Delshad; pigs are where the money is!'

'And Delshad,' continued Norman, 'I dislike recommending the cutting down of trees, but really, your little woodland is taking up valuable land space.  Clear the woodland and you can use the area for something profitable.'

'Now on to aesthetics,' said Norman, 'Quite frankly, the entrance to the farm looks quite a mess.  It needs tidying up, and making to look more attractive and inviting.  A couple of pots of flowers, perhaps.'

'And the vacation cottage garden is very dull.  Again, a pot of flowers could cheer it up.  And also: you really need to do something about all those cats and chickens.  Their constant present is quite unbearable.  I don't think there is enough profit in chickens to really justify having them, and as for the cats - well, I suggest you keep just one of them, and rehome the rest.'

'Oh, and finally,' said Norman, 'The Farm Shop.  Quite honestly, Delshad, when people go to a Farm Shop they expect to see vegetables for sale, not to find a secondhand shop!  You really need to sell vegetables, and just vegetables, there.'

Delshad was silent for a moment.  Then he said,

'Thank you.  Yes, I see where I've gone wrong.  This is my first time trying to do something like this, and I seem to have made a lot of mistakes.  I'm grateful to you for taking time to give me advice.  I'll do all the things you have said.'

Norman felt satisfied.  And when the family departed the next day, they were happy that they'd made a difference to the future of Delshad's farm vacation business.

Tomorrow: Part Six - Transformation ... and Norman, Elma, and their children return

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2014, 06:13:00 »
Oh, didn't know he'd be so eager to change though I have a feeling he has a very different idea about changing things around than Norman.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 07:45:58 »
And you have too many animals in general.  My suggestion is to sell off what you have, and to start again. 

(...)

And also: you really need to do something about all those cats and chickens.  Their constant present is quite unbearable.  I don't think there is enough profit in chickens to really justify having them, and as for the cats - well, I suggest you keep just one of them, and rehome the rest.

>:( I think SOMEONE's presence is indeed "unbearable", and that SOMEONE needs "rehoming" alright. IDIOT.  >:(

I'm curious to see the changes too..

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 13:15:17 »
Oh, didn't know he'd be so eager to change though I have a feeling he has a very different idea about changing things around than Norman.

Yes, I feel the same way.  :lol:

Excited to see the transformations!
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 05:15:02 »
Part Six - Transformation ... and Norman, Elma, and their children return

'Hello Skye,' said Delshad, 'Look, I've made a List of Things I Need To Do:

- Paying guests for the campsite
- Conventional children's play area
- Replace camels and other animals with pigs
- Clear woodland
- Flowers
- More flowers
- Rehome cats
- Sell vegetables in the Farm Shop.'

'Replace all the animals?' queried Skye, 'Even my ponies?  OK, then, can I have two big horses instead?'

'Well, that's not on my List,' said Delshad, 'But sure, I guess so.'

'Thanks Dad,' said Skye.

And so Delshad set to work.

Skye liked to help.

And Delshad's brother came to help too.

After some time, Norman received an email from Delshad.  Delshad said that he had remodelled his farm and the vacation facilities - and he invited Norman and Elma and Billy and Betty to come for a free weekend to see the changes.

'Yippee!' cried Betty.

'Here we are again,' said Elma, 'I suppose it does look prettier.  Though perhaps a little overdone.'

Skye spotted the family arriving.

And so did Delshad.

'Welcome back!' said Delshad, 'I hope you'll enjoy seeing how I followed all your advice.'

'I'm now going to zoom around the roads,' said Skye, 'Betty and Billy, do you want to come with me?'

'Can we?' asked Betty.

'Certainly not,' said Elma, 'That is far too dangerous!  And Billy, come away from in front of those big horses, they could knock you over and badly injure you!'

'Well, er... come and look at what I've done to the vacation cottage garden,' said Delshad.

'We did bring the children's hay fever medicine, didn't we?' worried Elma.

'This way,' said Delshad, 'I'll show you all round the farm.'

'Betty! Come along, hurry up!  We're going to see all the farm!' called Norman.

Tomorrow: Final Part - The Changes
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2014, 08:20:34 »
You know how to tell a story. I'm so curious what's going to happen next.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 14:58:08 »
Great story and great photos too  :love:
Looking forward to the next installment
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 15:50:28 »
Can't wait to see the rest of this! I'm really enjoying it!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 05:57:32 »
Final Part - The Changes

'Look!' said Delshad.

'You'll see that I've beautified the Amenities Block.'

'Now step this way.'

'And you'll see how the guests are enjoying themselves.'

'This way now.'

'It's very cheerful here, isn't it?' said Delshad, 'All the noise of the children; the music playing; all very jolly.'

'Mummy, can we go on the swingboats?' asked Betty.

'No, they are far too dangerous,' said Elma, 'Now mind out of the way before you get hit by one.'

'Take care here now, children,' said Elma, 'Grown adults are kicking and throwing balls, so it is quite dangerous.'

'Did you get some pigs?' Norman asked Delshad.

'Oh yes,' said Delshad, 'Would you like to come and see them?'

'The pigs are in the end stall,' said Delshad.

'Oh no!' exclaimed Elma, 'These are not pigs!'

'These are wild boar!' she said.

'Move away, children,' said Elma, 'Wild boar are very dangerous.'

'These ones are not dangerous,' said Delshad, 'But anyway, why don't you all go and see the Farm Shop.  I've stocked it with vegetables and I'm sure that you will like it now.'

'Well now we can truly look forward to buying some lettuces and tomatoes,' smiled Elma.

'Oh,' she said.

Later that evening, Norman said to Elma,

'You know, I'm not entirely sure I've done the right thing here.  It may not have been a profitable business, but it used to be quite a peaceful place, didn't it?'

'And now it is just activity and noise,' he said, 'So I do wonder what is really best.  Was I right, or was I wrong?'

'I think there is a danger in everything,' said Elma, 'So next time we have a family vacation, I think we'll simply have it at home in front of the television.'

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 10:07:00 »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :)9

Absolutely love this story! Lovely pictures and the flow of the story is good as well as the characters.

Quite like the way how Delshad is portrayed with his blouse and his scarf.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo: