Author Topic: New Sets Available for Pre-order at TRU  (Read 2375 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
New Sets Available for Pre-order at TRU
« on: September 10, 2013, 19:52:36 »
I noticed that some of the new Asian series is listed on the Toys R Us website. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24313266

Also some of the new harbor/cargo series, and the collectible dragons. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24313276
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline sysliana

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: New Sets Available for Pre-order at TRU
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 20:02:17 »
They are cute, but nothing Id spend 100+ bucks on. It doesnt look cool enough for that kind of money lol. The dragon is really cute though! I might get him. :) I wonder if they'd do the buy 2 get one free deal on pre-orders. Hmmmmm lol

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 21:53:43 »
That's early for the dragons, they don't have the unicorns here even yet. Hopefully they will be a hit for them. Not shipping until November though, so no dragons for Halloween. Guess it will be a Halloween party display this year then. Next year it will be the dragon cave

Offline tenni

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 23:56:20 »
Looks like they're rolling stuff out in anticipation of holiday sales. Maybe it has been mentioned elsewhere, but the rock band series is also up on the TRU website:

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=23829576

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 06:26:20 »
Thank you for the links to the new stuff. I have been on travel so it is always helpful to find news here. The castle for some reason looks worse than I remember. I may just wait till a proper Asian building comes out in stecks, I know...but I have a dream
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 12:16:12 »
Thanks for the information, bonniebeth! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 02:23:02 »
I know this is going to the only negative comment in the thread so far, but I really feel bad for the mom and pop stores who already have a tough time staying in business and now by the time they receive the brand new releases, they aren't so new anymore since TRU releases the items a year before anyone else.

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 10:16:06 »
I like the theme, but not sure yet about all the dragons.
-- Donmobil

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 10:30:56 »
I know this is going to the only negative comment in the thread so far, but I really feel bad for the mom and pop stores who already have a tough time staying in business and now by the time they receive the brand new releases, they aren't so new anymore since TRU releases the items a year before anyone else.

I'm sure that's why TRU does it. Our local small toy shop doesn't carry Playmobil, or I would definitely look into supporting them.

Offline sysliana

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 12:26:33 »
I'm sure that's why TRU does it. Our local small toy shop doesn't carry Playmobil, or I would definitely look into supporting them.

Theres a really small little toy store in our local mall that carries a lot of Playmobil and I want to shop there to keep them thriving, but at the same time they dont do discounts toward it like TRU does, they wont honor TRU buy one get one half off sales either. And when your a single mom whose buying these things for their son, well, any sales I can get help out. If they'd just honor the same sales as TRU I would GLADLY go there instead! But the buy one get one half off/ buy 2 get 1 free sales really help. Sucks :(