Author Topic: The Wild West - Chapter Two.  (Read 2508 times)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
The Wild West - Chapter Two.
« on: August 31, 2013, 01:33:12 »
Sorry, for the delay, in uploading the next installment. Hope you enjoy! :)

A bright haze slowly climbed up over the horizon, and the sun made itself show, it's rays piercing the dark sky. The convoy's members soon awoke, the Sergeant and Benjamin traveling from the safety of the camp to scout out a new route. An hour passed and the duo, having sketched a rough drawing of a new route, returned to the base. After the necessary preparations were made, the coach, accompanied by the three soldiers, left.

The small path soon gave way to a large clearing, and Benjamin spotted two men, standing outside of their wagon. Benjamin pulled back on the reins, and the horses came to a swift stop.
"Whoa there!" he cried to the the pair of steeds.

"Good day to you!" Benjamin called, slightly bemused as to why this wagon had come to a complete stop in the middle of the path.
"Good day to you as well!" said one of the men.
"This better not be another delay again, Mr. Lewis!" said a muffled voice, coming from inside the coach.
"No, sir!" Benjamin called back to Thomas. The two men gave him a curious glance.
"Oh, that's Thomas Preston. He owns the National Bank. I shouldn't be telling anybody this, although he has thousands of dollars, destined for St. Louis. In fact, that's where we're headed right now."
"St. Louis?" said the other man. "You're hopelessly off track. This is the path to the town of Kansas."
"Oh dear! How far off is St. Louis, from this point?" queried Benjamin.
"About a fortnight. I wouldn't count on that cash arriving in St. Louis on time."
"No, I guess not." dejected, Benjamin hopped off the coach. The Sergeant, Stewart Mac, and Rory Galton came as well.

"So, what's your story?" the Sergeant asked.
"We were on route to the town of Kansas, although less than a day ago, we were attacked by bandits."
"Less than a day ago? Why have you stayed here, then?" Benjamin exclaimed.
"Alas, the bandits let free our horses. We had nothing else to do but stay put." one of the men said.

"Why were the bandits pursuing you in the first place?" Rory said.
"I have no clue. Perhaps they thought we'd be and easy catch. But we fought them off!" the other man said.
"What would you have in that wagon that would be so valuable to the bandits?" Benjamin asked, chuckling. He began moving towards the wagon.
Both men moved to block Benjamin from looking at the wagon. "We're...um...well...we transport...grain. Yes, grain! We collect grain from local farmers and transport it to big cities, such as Kansas or St. Louis." one of the men answered.
The Sergeant was suspicious. "Interesting profession..." he said.

The sun was beginning to sink over the horizon, becoming a blazing orange.
"Well, since evening is approaching, it would be foolish to continue on our way at this time. We'll stay with you for the night. By the way, I didn't catch your names? he said to the men.
"Ron Frank and George McCoy." replied on of the men.
"Ron, George, it's a pleasure to have met you." Benjamin said, before making his way back to the coach.
"Yes, indeed. You too." said Frank and George with a wicked grin.

To be continued...
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Wild West - Chapter Two.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 02:43:51 »
This is excellent  :love:

The close up pictures are great !

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 22:49:37 »
I'm talking back to the story out loud, that's a very good sign. Great so far :D

"I shouldn't be telling..." no you shouldn't you doofus!!!

"tranport grain..." yeah that's the ticket, it's grain see...

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 01:14:22 »
Thank you very much, Tim and Karim! :)

"I shouldn't be telling..." no you shouldn't you doofus!!!

"tranport grain..." yeah that's the ticket, it's grain see...

After uploading the story, I myself did a quick read over and can now see how much the characters need to learn. Oh Benjamin, telling strangers that thousands of dollars are hidden in the coach will come back to haunt you! :lol:

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 13:50:03 »
Ok, part two of chapter two will be uploaded by tonight, without exception. :)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 01:01:16 »
I meant to upload this yesterday, but better late than never! :P

It was deep into the night, and everybody was sleeping soundly. Everybody, except for two people.
"Do you think this is a good idea?" whispered George. "Stealing federal money? What would they do if they caught us?"
"If this goes according to plan, I wouldn't count on anybody catching us." Ron whispered back.
"Very well, but be careful."

"You stay and keep watch, while I look for the gold." said Ron to George.
Before George had a chance to reply, Ron cried "Jackpot!".
"Shh, keep your voice down, Ron!" snapped George. The two remained silent for a minute, waiting for a member of the convoy to emerge from the shadows and catch them, but none did.

"Ok, George, I'll pass the trunk down to you, wait there until I come down, and then we can carry it back to the wagon."
"Right, sounds goo-" Ron had lost grip of the suitcase, and it came crashing down upon George. The trunk split open and the money spilled out.

"No, no, NO!" Ron said, teeth gritted.
"What is all this ruckus?" Thomas Preston bellowed, emerging from the coach. He froze seeing George motionless, with a trunk and pile of cash spread all over the ground.

Ron hastily pulled out his pistol, firing three shots into Thomas' shoulder, sending him reeling backwards. George, startled, awoke.

Ron hopped down from the roof of the coach, and he began to gather the fallen money, throwing it into the trunk.
"Quick, not a moment to lose!" George shouted.

The each grabbed the trunk on one end, and hauled it towards the wagon. Exhausted, they simply placed the suitcase on top of their other belongings.

"Freeze!" shouted an all-too familiar voice. Two shots rang out, the echo spreading across the barren landscape. It was Stewart Mac, who, after hearing the shot fired at Thomas, spotted the pair, and sent a fatal blow at Ron. George froze, looking at Ron, then transferring his gaze to Stewart.

What will happen next? Will Ron or Thomas recover? Why were the pair going after the money?

That's the end of Chapter Two, Chapter Three will probably be shot tomorrow, and uploaded later in the week.

To be continued...

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 07:04:57 »
Interesting turn of events  ;D

I really like the pictures in the dark!
I'd love to read more of this  :munch:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 20:36:33 »
I missed Chapter 1 before so I've had a look at that great story and photos no suprises with Ron and George they loooked like they were up to no good  :cowboy: