Author Topic: My little kingdom!  (Read 4432 times)

Offline bhellman75

• Playmo Fanatic
My little kingdom!
« on: April 14, 2013, 01:48:32 »
These are some rather grainy photos of my little joy.  I've had a tough time with my camera and computer and figuring out this site today, but I assume I'll be able to post better pictures in the future! 

I'll be receiving a second complete 3666 on Monday and will be looking to add to my castle.  I'd like to keep the footprint the same and add to the layers of it.  I've been searching around to see what other members have done, but I haven't managed to see much.  I look forward to finding other people's designs and fishing for ideas! 

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/album/displayimage.php?album=223&pid=2570#top_display_media
Ben

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: My little kingdom!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 11:39:26 »
That's a very nice looking castle!!  :love:
I really like it!
Thanks for sharing.  :wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline PlaymoFrankJon

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 11:49:01 »
Really nice set up !  :wave:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 14:11:50 »
A nice set up yes, I'm still trying to get my hands on that swam tournament tent.

The 3666 is pretty much the place that ties my stories together, I'm using a slightly modified version of it with the castle expansion set.

Offline bhellman75

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 14:57:22 »
I've seen many members' respect for the 3666 and steck system in the posts I've looked through.  After trying out a system x castle, I was disappointed both in the relative flimsiness of the material and the fact that it was not compatible with the older system.  I am a 3666, medieval-steck devotee.  My first 3666 came without its box, but with some cut-outs of pictures, presumably from the 3666 box (the prior owner had combined a few sets in the sale, all from roughly the same time) that have some beautifully layered set-ups, with steps disappearing behind walls and everything else contributing to the look of a more expansive city just behind the facade.  I'd like to achieve a look that combines the almost labyrinthine appearance of those images with frontal areas to set up little scenes. 

I'm so excited for Monday!  I bought my second 3666 for $70, including shipping (no figures, but complete castle), along with a second baron's tower for $55 (also included shipping.)   
Ben

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 15:06:04 »
That's a great looking castle. I tend to do large castle set-ups at Christmas, my first was in 2005. My last really big one was 2011 seen in this thread. Last year I went for more of a village look. See also my Halloween castle from 2010.

Other well worth looking at are Skypurr's Hogwarts castle
I know you saw Giorginetto's castle. Probably also Skywalker's Castle Steckstone since that's still on the first page of dioramas. Be sure to check out Skywalker's earlier Eulenburg as well

Offline bhellman75

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 17:25:34 »
Tim, 

I love the Halloween set up, particularly the small touches.  And I'll need to look at a few of your Christmas castle pics again.  I love the way you've put together and stacked some of the houses.  Really wonderful, imaginative work.  I love the way you've lit some of the insides in the Christmas pics and of course the tiny lights.  Thanks for the links!

Ben
Ben

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 21:07:44 »
That looks like a nice Castle settup and a nice little forest as well looks like it's full of life as well  :)

Offline bhellman75

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 23:28:03 »
That's a great looking castle. I tend to do large castle set-ups at Christmas, my first was in 2005. My last really big one was 2011 seen in this thread. Last year I went for more of a village look. See also my Halloween castle from 2010.

Other well worth looking at are Skypurr's Hogwarts castle
I know you saw Giorginetto's castle. Probably also Skywalker's Castle Steckstone since that's still on the first page of dioramas. Be sure to check out Skywalker's earlier Eulenburg as well

Tim -- can you tell me what pieces you are using to hold up the balcony in your Christmas village pics?   The picture is this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71879015@N00/6494764065/

Thanks!
Ben

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:42 »
That's a nice looking castle! I suppose you'll be making it higher?