Author Topic: Series 4 figures.  (Read 28515 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Series 4 figures.
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 16:05:45 »
or we could make an oppa-gangnam dancer, Ras!  ;) :snowman:

My sons really like that video and song so they would really like to make a PSY character. Actually making a stop-motion video of that would be fun and easy, especially the stables part.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 16:18:52 »
Played by Penelope Cruz...  ::)

(I meant the old pirate special, with ragged pants and barefeet)

Good thing you didn't mean Keira Knightley. :lol: I think that the Pirates theme in general has been supported by the Pirates of the Caribbean films recently, especially with the darker tones of the last batch. I like the movies though, and I can see how she could be related to the one that Penélope Cruz played, but I still think it's a cool figure. <*)
~Pynedor~

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 22:03:14 »
2 little girls have kept me occupied lately... have we started a co-op yet?  (one daughter is almost 4 and the other is 7 months if anyone is curious)  8}     definitely want in if we are doing the co- op... and I just noticed the 2013 USA catalog lists their release as January  ??? makes me eager to get my paws on these figures :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 12:22:01 »
I don't know if this came up or not but for those who had doubts, the blonde princess with the long hair is indeed Rapunzel. She has been introduced like that by Playmobil on FB today.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 13:48:54 »
I don't know if this came up or not but for those who had doubts, the blonde princess with the long hair is indeed Rapunzel.

That's too bad. :lol: They really should have made a special hair piece that was much longer!
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2013, 14:38:39 »
That's too bad. :lol: They really should have made a special hair piece that was much longer!

How long? A plastic one that went to her feet or maybe put a hole in a specail hair that a blond rope went into so you could coil it up and then let it down out of a window.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 22:31:14 »
How long? A plastic one that went to her feet or maybe put a hole in a specail hair that a blond rope went into so you could coil it up and then let it down out of a window.

Well, if it must be Rapunzel, I'd say it should have been flowing down her back, at least to a point close to her feet. It could be braided down her back to make its length be thought to be longer without having a piece of hair that is longer than the figure itself. Take a look at Rapunzel from Tangled:

They should just make some Fairy Tale themed sets; that would be awesome! Rapunzel's Tower please! <*)
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 23:09:04 »
Well, if it must be Rapunzel, I'd say it should have been flowing down her back, at least to a point close to her feet. It could be braided down her back to make its length be thought to be longer without having a piece of hair that is longer than the figure itself. Take a look at Rapunzel from Tangled:

They should just make some Fairy Tale themed sets; that would be awesome! Rapunzel's Tower please! <*)

that animated girl in the picture is able to twist her right ankle very far  :hmm:

maybe if the wig went to the klickies ankle there could have been a place to attatch the rest of the hair? but a whole would look bad.

What would a tower look like that stecks or system x castles do not have ?

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 00:03:24 »
they could have made a hairpiece with a system X connection at the bottom that could be expanded as long as you needed for any tower  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 13:18:04 »
that animated girl in the picture is able to twist her right ankle very far  :hmm:

I noticed that too and tried to see if I could twist around that far with my ankles and feet in that direction. It didn't work for me... :lol:

What would a tower look like that stecks or system x castles do not have ?

Probably not much. I'd be happy if they made any sort of tower, even if it re-used parts already out.

they could have made a hairpiece with a system X connection at the bottom that could be expanded as long as you needed for any tower  :lol:
maybe if the wig went to the klickies ankle there could have been a place to attatch the rest of the hair? but a whole would look bad.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. There could be a braided hair piece to avoid the hole if you misplace the extension or don't want to use it and then another that isn't which has attachable pieces. That is a really cool idea, but I think that set would be beyond even a Special Plus! :lol: The System X idea would be a bit strange though, but might work if a whole tower were released. :lol:

On the theme of Fi?ures Series 4 though, I see now that we have this figure confirmed as Rapunzel, but they haven't confirmed the other as Snow White. I suppose that's because Rapunzel doesn't look exactly like Disney's film version, but the Snow White one is clearly based on Disney's. I'd say the Tinkerbell one is as well. Fairies seem popular now with the Tinkerbell films and such, so maybe even the new theme might be based on that.

It really does seem like the Fi?ures line has a lot of figures that are based on stories or even real life. Sometimes I think that's cool and sometimes not. :lol:

Also - is that a special female swordbelt on the pirate? :o
~Pynedor~