Author Topic: Forum will be temporarily unavailable  (Read 9509 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Forum will be temporarily unavailable
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 23:10:05 »
There is.  But I really wanted to make the pages more compact in height since I thought that would be helpful for people browsing using devices with small screens. I reduced the number listed on each page, but it's really easy to navigate to the next page with the numbers at the top. I can change it back if it becomes a major issue for people.

Not a problem! :) I found a way to change from the default page-thread count in the Look and Layout tab.

Many pages are now located in drop-down menus which branch off from the main menu. Go to your Profile section, click on Modify Profile (next to the Profile Info button). The 4th item in the drop down menu is Notifications. :)

I'm only just now getting used to where to find things after more than 3 days. It was quite confusing to begin with. ;)

Ha, I totally missed that! Either that, or it wasn't displaying for me. I thought I only saw Account Settings and Forum Profile before, but now I've found it. Thanks a lot, Sylvia. You're a wonderful forum leader. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 11:30:28 »
Thanks for all the hard work, Sylvia! Looks good to me and I'll get used to the small changes quickly enough.
So far, I haven't had any errors or whatever, I'm just glad the side is back online. :klickygrin:
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 15:54:19 »
FYI... when you open the site with IE the playmo heads in the background don't show.

Other than that the only weird thing I found is that when you open the window for the extra smileys they show up first in letters and then transform into the actual smiley.  ??? Also, that window is very small and every time I open it I must make it bigger to see them. That's for either Firefox or IE.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 16:01:36 »
its not so with me but i set the windows for the other smilies to the size i wanted it once and it always opened so since than and they always load up as smilies immediately not with letters or so...

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 16:35:53 »
FYI... when you open the site with IE the playmo heads in the background don't show.
Odd. It works on both for me. Maybe your browser has cached an earlier version from a few days ago because the background was originally just a gradient. I changed it just the day before we went back online. Try emptying your IE cache and reloading the page. If you don't want to do that, just wait it out and keep refreshing as often as you can because it will eventually resolve by itself. :)

Other than that the only weird thing I found is that when you open the window for the extra smileys they show up first in letters and then transform into the actual smiley.  ???
That is just an issue of download speed. Happens for me too. Once you have opened the window several times it should hopefully get faster to load. Emptying your internet cache will make it slower again, though.  :P

Also, that window is very small and every time I open it I must make it bigger to see them. That's for either Firefox or IE.
Yeah, I know. I want to try and improve on that. :yup: On the previous version, I manually edited a file's code to increase the size of that pop-up window. So far I haven't discovered which file holds that info, because it's not located in the same place as before. :-\

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 16:50:24 »
great Sylvia, thanks a lot. I'll try the cache thing...  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 22:14:12 »
This layout looks great! Thanks for all the hard work - I'm really enjoying the new look! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 09:51:23 »
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication, Sylvia!!! On a first glance, the new changes look very good and easy on the eye!! It certainly looks less heavier this way I think.

I couldn't have said it any better!Thanks a million, Sylvia!!! :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 12:27:17 »
Came back and thought my puter was broken! It looks great Sylvia - thanks as always for this wonderful group!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 14:45:05 »
Thanks for the feedback! Glad that most of you are liking the new look. :)

I'm still trying to work out how to get the separate "Photo Album" area back up. I made a back-up of all the image files so nothing has been deleted or lost. It's just a matter of getting everything linked together again. Aaargh!