Author Topic: More pics of new items from DS-Katalog 2012/2013 appearing on KW  (Read 14167 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Well, hopefully that style won't come to the Medieval theme. I don't think it'd be possible anyway... :-\
~Pynedor~

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
If they start to that to the other themes as well, it would be THE END OF CUSTOMIZING FIGURES  :'( >:(

then Hadoque, I'll go back to rooting for 'saggy' naked torsos (like PM bare chested Egyptians/africans)....now if I can only find my placard-holding smiley :o

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Well, hopefully that style won't come to the Medieval theme. I don't think it'd be possible anyway... :-\

but its possible for ancient Celts and other Roman enemies...I dont know whether to laugh or cry :P

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Yeah, they look a bit... ridiculous. As if in tights :P

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Oh YEAH!!!! More western items !!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
I love the new western figures.  I just wish they would drop the "Sioux" title.  It's not a proper term.  I think we've had this discussion here before and I don't really want to get into it again.  At least they do look, geographically speaking, like plains tribes.   

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
oh ya more western stecks. That big window is so great   :yippee: :confetti: :woohoo: :banana: :apple: <:> I just do not know why Geobra thinks the sheiffs office is new :hmm:

(for Rasputin):
apparently, the buffalo is also back and they mentioned the price in Germany (9 EUR).

Cheers,
HDL

are you sure, is there a picture?  this really would be great news :prays:

Thanks for the news  :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
It doesn't look as if the saloon contains the bar, which was the highlight of the set for me, but it does have some bottles and small furnishings at least.  The accessories are better than nothing, but Geobra, as usual, could have done a lot better.  I guess the set is better than the Sheriff's office which has no accessories.  At least the schoolhouse and museum have most of their original accessories.

That's great news about the bison.  I only have a couple and was looking to add a few more.

As for the klickies, it's good to see new ones, but they're a mixed bag.    The Sioux look really good and the Confederate soldiers look pretty good too.  It looks as if the Confederate officer is a fat sergeant so we thankfully won't have two of them in a three-pack.  I don't really know why he has a shotgun and a pistol with no holster, but that's Geobra for you.  It's good to see the Confederate soldiers in the more accurate single-breasted tunic.  The cowboys look okay and it's good to see an Annie Oakley type figure.  The Union soldier pack isn't great for army building, though, due to it having three very different soldiers, one of which appears to be a good candidate as a musician.  The Union officer looks like the same old fat one with different cuffs and a historically incorrect early 20th century Montana hat.  Despite being a staff officer, Geobra has decided to equip him with a shotgun and revolver but no sword and swordbelt.  I guess the red trim means these Union soldiers are supposed to be artillery, although I wonder if Geobra really thought of it that way.  Doing the soldiers right would really only take a bit more effort and thought on Geobra's part, but it presents a formidable challenge for collectors.  As they are now, the soldiers are better than nothing, but far from what I would have done.  Still, it's good to see the Western theme back in some form.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
As for the klickies, it's good to see new ones, but they're a mixed bag.    The Sioux look really good and the Confederate soldiers look pretty good too.  It looks as if the Confederate officer is a fat sergeant so we thankfully won't have two of them in a three-pack.  I don't really know why he has a shotgun and a pistol with no holster, but that's Geobra for you.  It's good to see the Confederate soldiers in the more accurate single-breasted tunic.  The cowboys look okay and it's good to see an Annie Oakley type figure.  The Union soldier pack isn't great for army building, though, due to it having three very different soldiers, one of which appears to be a good candidate as a musician.  The Union officer looks like the same old fat one with different cuffs and a historically incorrect early 20th century Montana hat.  Despite being a staff officer, Geobra has decided to equip him with a shotgun and revolver but no sword and swordbelt.  I guess the red trim means these Union soldiers are supposed to be artillery, although I wonder if Geobra really thought of it that way.  Doing the soldiers right would really only take a bit more effort and thought on Geobra's part, but it presents a formidable challenge for collectors.  As they are now, the soldiers are better than nothing, but far from what I would have done.  Still, it's good to see the Western theme back in some form.

oh i learn so much playing with our playmo, thanks for the insight Justindo
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
OMG i need to see that new bison!!!
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: