Author Topic: Avatar Gallery  (Read 19126 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Avatar Gallery
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 09:25:44 »
Hello  Jochen  :wave:

This is a great idea and you have my full support. Here are the pictures of the Nightmare Man that i promised you the other day. This is the very latest version and more than likely the last as i feel really happy with him now. Like i explained to you in the PM he does have a second head which has a minor change to an eye piece for the final stages of the 'story'. The head you see in the pictures is the one you will most likely see on him in the future. Hopefully one day i will be able to reveal a bit about his background and the sinister story that surrounds him ;D.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)

(28/5/03/850)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 17:50:17 »
... If you can provide me a larger photo on which I can see more details I can make a try ...

I've send you a building plan  ;D - if there are any parts you need, just let me know. I might have some of them lying around ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 19:09:44 »
I've send you a building plan  ;D - if there are any parts you need, just let me know. I might have some of them lying around ...

Great!  :D

Yes, I need some parts  :-[ (I've e-mailed you about)

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 20:29:33 »
Thanks Sylvia, greatly appreciated!

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 10:10:35 »
Hello Dan,

could you provide me some bigger close-up photos of your avatar and some instruction how you made it (e.g. color shades, which parts are painted, which are orginal, etc.). I want to include it into my avatar collection and with this into the avatar gallery (if you don't mind).

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 09:04:32 »
Here are two versions of the picture I use.  If you want pictures from other angles I have them.

The figure is the Playmo redcoated soldier painted green with red collar and cuffs and with new belts and catridge case added from paper and wood.  The boots I cut away and made trouser legs from modelling putty (Milliput).  His plume I had to make too because I did not have one in my box

The rifle is the standard Playmo one with about 1/2 a centimetre cut off the barrel (British Army rifles of the time were very short) and the sword bayonet is made from the Playmo rapier cut down.

He's a Private of the British Army's 60th Royal American Regt. of about 1810.

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 09:05:57 »
Opps!

Two copies of the same shot!

Sorry.

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 09:08:52 »
For what it's worth here's some more.

Thanks for adding it to the Gallery.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 16:05:23 »
Ups  :o

This might become difficult because you used quite individual parts (for sure, 'cause you made them by yourself  ;D) and -- this is the real reason -- because I'm not good in modelling new parts  :-\. So I'll see what I can do, but I hope you don't mind if I can't make it 100% looking the same ...  :-[ We will see. I'll make my try and you can judge afterwards.

And I must admit, to do so will take some time.

Anyway, thank you very much for the very nice photos!  :D They will be very helpful, especially those from different angles which makes a 360° view and with this gives a good impression of your proper soldier.

Kind regards

Jochen

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 15:01:48 »
Hi again Jochen

Just had a thought, if anyone decided to change their Avatar in the future they will have to make two so that they can send you an exact one.

Now with over 80 members that will add up to quite a collection

I think you are going to need a bigger display cabinet

Regards
Craig