Author Topic: Discuss the new train set!  (Read 9865 times)

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
Re: Discuss the new train set!
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2012, 14:50:52 »
I hope a steam loco wil follow, byb itself as I have lots of track and rolling stock.
I don't think so, because Playmobil makes only modern trains (4010, 4011, 4016) in future, which you can see in reality too (last steam loco was 4017/4019/4021), maybe old items in DS (?)...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2012, 15:36:50 »
I don't think so, because Playmobil makes only modern trains (4010, 4011, 4016) in future, which you can see in reality too (last steam loco was 4017/4019/4021), maybe old items in DS (?)...

I think they are missing out on a potentially good market as steam trains are still popular. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2012, 16:09:38 »
Well, they have revived the western theme, complete with cowboys defending "Fort Brave" against native american foes (don't get me started), horses and stage coaches...the main thing they're missing is a main vehicle set to go with this theme:

a western (steam) TRAIN.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2012, 17:11:08 »
Well, they have revived the western theme, complete with cowboys defending "Fort Brave" against native american foes (don't get me started), horses and stage coaches...the main thing they're missing is a main vehicle set to go with this theme:

a western (steam) TRAIN.

But I want a "universal" tank engine.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2012, 18:54:30 »
But I want a "universal" tank engine.

My Great Uncle was instrumental in starting this state park showing the logging industry during WWII utilizing the Shay steam Loco's. I remember riding on the rail cars during the summer to the top of the mountain, soot & all :o. It was a breath taking adventure.

http://www.cassrailroad.com/locos.html

http://www.msrlha.org/roster-locos.html
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 19:11:28 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2012, 19:14:42 »
My Great Uncle was instrumental in starting this state park showing the logging industry during WWII utilizing the Shay steam Loco's. I remember riding on the rail cars during the summer to the top of the mountain, soot & all :o. It was a breath taking adventure.

http://www.cassrailroad.com/locos.html

http://www.msrlha.org/roster-locos.html

I've ridden a train like that too when I was a kid.... I remember how UN fun it was, compared to what I was imagining beforehand, because I didn't realize all that black smoke would be going in my face!  (I was on an open flatbed with rails.....I don't even remember any seats on board...I was standing the whole time).  NOT fun for me!  I rather look at it than ride behind it!
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2012, 19:23:16 »
I've ridden a train like that too when I was a kid.... I remember how UN fun it was, compared to what I was imagining beforehand, because I didn't realize all that black smoke would be going in my face!  (I was on an open flatbed with rails.....I don't even remember any seats on board...I was standing the whole time).  NOT fun for me!  I rather look at it than ride behind it!

During the switch backs going up the mountain, people had no idea to stay away from the first open flat car because it would really burn coal & the smoke was horrible bellowing around them. Everyone thought the picture would be so good, but the soot got all over their camera lens! ;) Plus the steam whistle was so loud it would nearly deafen you, if too close!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2012, 20:12:57 »
Oooh, my family would love visiting that. Love of trains goes back a long way in my family!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2012, 04:45:02 »

???  ???  ???  ???  ???

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2012, 13:08:44 »
 :o :o :o
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.