Author Topic: Discuss the new train set!  (Read 9870 times)

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
Re: Discuss the new train set!
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 21:27:37 »
The R.C. chassis can be replaced by the old 7550 chassis as used in all the older locomotives that picked up power from the track.
I think that you can act also with the new locomotive 5258 (to go with transformer), but it looks like, as if the axes of the new locomotive are further apart (the locomotive seem to be longer than the older diesel locomotives).

Offline tomegood87

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 04:42:34 »
I think that you can act also with the new locomotive 5258 (to go with transformer), but it looks like, as if the axes of the new locomotive are further apart (the locomotive seem to be longer than the older diesel locomotives).

The axels do look further apart than the old ones.  This has me thinking converting to an old motor block will look strange.

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 08:58:41 »
I've been measuring my old locomotives. And they are about 27/28 cm (from coupling to coupling). So this one could be a bit larger. Which is nice, because having every locomotive the same size is a bit silly no?

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 11:45:15 »
I just wish the plastic rails were painted, you know, not all black...

I did try to paint the tracks (the gravels in grey-sans color, the wood in brown...fot the tracks (what corresponds to the metal part) I did try with silver paint and I also try to wrap them with aluminum foil but it's not easy...actually I busy with the construction of our house, I do all the inside work so I will try to post pictures for next week
 :wave:
Like electricity, Playmobil are essential for humanity

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 11:46:37 »
I think they'd look way better if the "metal" part of the rails was metal in color... Would make a huge difference...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 12:44:36 »
I've been measuring my old locomotives. And they are about 27/28 cm (from coupling to coupling). So this one could be a bit larger. Which is nice, because having every locomotive the same size is a bit silly no?

The 4010 is getting on for 39cms, and ther 4011 is long, too.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 18:34:33 »
I think they'd look way better if the "metal" part of the rails was metal in color... Would make a huge difference...

i agree - rc train are detailed, i don't understand why they have to make those horrid plastic tracks in plein black
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 18:43:03 »
i agree - rc train are detailed, i don't understand why they have to make those horrid plastic tracks in plein black

i have black plastic tracks too :(  I was thinking about spray painting the rails metalic rust or copper color, but then I'll have to go in aftwerwards and hand-paint the "wooden" ties a flat brown wood color, not to mention the rail spikes and clamps... that's a LOT of work for all those feet of track!  heck, that's a lot of work just for ONE piece of track!  :(
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 19:10:40 »
An outdoors set in LGB track is simpl impressive and the very best there is in train world . See my related videos in my youtube link where i have layed out about 50metres of LGB track outdoors  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 00:14:59 »
An outdoors set in LGB track is simpl impressive and the very best there is in train world . See my related videos in my youtube link where i have layed out about 50metres of LGB track outdoors  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
The very best in train world??? Big words for a nearly beginner in garden railroading... Do you really know all of it?

I don't know all, but I think, with grit LGB tracks look even better!

Some of the garden railroaders say »Gardinenstange« (engl. »curtain rails«) to LGB tracks because they are rather ungainly and too high (in comparison to e.g. code 250 tracks).
In addition, there are better to be cleaned (less getting dirty) tracks than brass tracks, as for example high-grade steel tracks of Revalda or Lebu.

(But for me it is too expensive for a Playmobil toy train)

I think also that colored plastic tracks (wood = brown, steel = silver/grey, grit = grey) could look even better than the dark grey ones.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 00:24:12 by zugpferdchen »