Author Topic: Discuss the new train set!  (Read 9863 times)

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
Re: Discuss the new train set!
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 12:02:24 »
I don't understand your attitude ???. Battery trains are super fun. I only use LGB (and piko) track, but I still use battery trains. It is fun that you can really control them individually. Playmobil has been using this track for over 14 years. They are never going to switch back. I do hope they would sell their trains without track, that saves the trouble of selling it. I still think this train looks much better then the 4010/4011 which looked too cartoonish.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 12:36:05 »
I still think this train looks much better then the 4010/4011 which looked too cartoonish.

Although the 4010 is not a bad representation of the Taurus locomotive:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36529411@N00/364711103/

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 14:55:17 »
You are correct hlc. They are not going to retreat backwards & produce the LGB types anymore. Any strong thoughts & being strongly opinionated is not going to change their minds, so now it's time to move on & critic the newer models.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tomegood87

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 15:58:02 »
Something is not right about those wheels on the Loco.  They seem like they are drawn in. 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 16:25:15 »
Something is not right about those wheels on the Loco.  They seem like they are drawn in. 

It may well be a computer-generated artist's impression.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 16:29:49 »
I just wish the plastic rails were painted, you know, not all black...

I only have one electric loco - the western one, and I have NO idea if it's working or not, since I wouldn't know the first thing on "turning it on".. Don't have any of those GORGEOUS metal rails anyway, so..

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 18:24:34 »
I only have one electric loco - the western one, and I have NO idea if it's working or not, since I wouldn't know the first thing on "turning it on".. Don't have any of those GORGEOUS metal rails anyway, so..

It aint diffucult and its worth it . Last 18 months i invested in LGB tracks with around 80-90m now total length , i must admit they look so superb outdoors ...!!!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2012, 20:03:14 »
The R.C. chassis can be replaced by the old 7550 chassis as used in all the older locomotives that picked up power from the track.

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 20:40:59 »
Although the 4010 is not a bad representation of the Taurus locomotive:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36529411@N00/364711103/

I know, but the airvents were stickers making it a very flat and lifeless model. I honestly think that the Taurus is not a good locomotive for a toy model. It is already very smooth and Playmobil made it even more smoother. It just isn't very eye pleasing to me ;). Just a big red blob, I didn't buy one :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 20:46:17 »
I'd certainly agree about it's unexciting appearance. I must admit, I call it "the electric brick"!  Mine is more bricklike because it doens't have the vent stickers on; they were missing when I bought it and though I have spare stickers now from DS, I never got round to fitting them.

I think the 4011, ICE, is good though - really attractive.