Author Topic: New German Sets Winter 2011-12  (Read 8028 times)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Re: New German Sets Winter 2011-12
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2011, 13:16:43 »
My guess is undoubtedly they will cost more... though I think we are probably looking at the $4-5 range for them which isn't that bad considering specials are 3.29 from playmobil right now... and usually $4 in the store... but the $3-4 price point will probably be taken over by the mystery figures... which I am fine with... it just means more individual figures each year if they keep doing them all (hopefully that means variety across all themes not "just" more)... and the horse/motorcycle/dog - 6 in a series lines are nice too.  :love:
Yes....the specials would continue to be the impulse sets countrparts of the Lego....whilst the surprise figures would do the role of the Lego mini figures. But I just cant stand playmobil giving us one full gap year for the export market. It is cruel in this day and age with all the information flowing to every corner in the world, and we need to wait wait wait and wait. I guess the new specials would be priced at twenty percent premium to the old ones.......love all of them except the knight with weird shield

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 15:13:49 »
Thanks for the news some great stuff coming out. Like every one else I love the archer - I feel the need for a kid and an apple now!  :lol:

I agree it's a shame about the years wait, all they're are doing is increasing the profits of those sellers on ebay who mark up the stuff at silly prices. I usually wait the year but it can be frustrating  :(
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 16:26:01 »
Yes....the specials would continue to be the impulse sets countrparts of the Lego....whilst the surprise figures would do the role of the Lego mini figures. But I just cant stand playmobil giving us one full gap year for the export market. It is cruel in this day and age with all the information flowing to every corner in the world, and we need to wait wait wait and wait. I guess the new specials would be priced at twenty percent premium to the old ones.......love all of them except the knight with weird shield

I think it's a marketing buffer as well. If something really flops then they would not waste their time on an export market.

It also gives them time to produce enough stock for the rest of the world.

You never find a company in the USA sending it's stuff around the world in the same year. In fact they would use China to make it too.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 16:27:54 »
The Indians are three males. There isn't a female.

Squaw means woman or wife in Algonquin, by the way.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 18:33:41 »
here are the 3 calendars. I think they weren't posted before.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 23:38:26 »
Very interesting, and many thanks for the photos!

I was in Germany  last week, but didn't pick up a catalog because I didn't think there was a new one out yet. Bummer.

Anyway, like many others, I think the archer Special is quite good. Not so sure about the 'Axe Knight'.

The 'Knights' Bastion' leaves me in two minds: the bastion itself strikes me as a bit silly, but the blazons on the shields, the new flag and the two men-at-arms on foot looks very nice indeed. I'm always on the lookout for new Playmobil heraldry, and from the picture, it looks like that coat of arms is more realistic, and more in keeping with the style of the Knights/Castles theme that came out this past year.

Anyway, many thanks again for the pictures!

Cheers,

AndrewL

Same feelings here. 8}

The Archer seems nice and i am very curious for those blue "men-at-arms". ???

Thanks for the photos!!! :wave: :wave: