Author Topic: Advice for Geobra  (Read 7553 times)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
Re: Advice for Geobra
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 14:16:34 »
It is great that we all adore and collect different types of PM! It is fine to disagree on what is the best PM because we all have different tastes.
Our family prefers the modern ones with the realistic modern, suburban and 5302 houses and their modern occupants and cars. And we love the bright orange sofas and bright clothing on their occupants.
All their building systems have advantages depending on what you want to build. Since we are not into older stuff, we don't care for steck. But is great that so many collectors love it, and it is fun looking at the many customs shown on this forum. And we do think that PM should keep making steck.
Let's try to keep an open mind about different PM products and not bash them so much. Each has a market and a happy customer somewhere. If our comments are mostly positive, it is better for collectors and PM.
Cheers, Pgal
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 16:59:20 »
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.  :-[
Since I don't care for the fluorescent colours, I assumed too quickly that most people don't like them.

That particular sofa was a bit of a disaster for me: I tried to make it a different colour with a green marker, but it turned out a bad dark-purple instead of green, so I can't really use it anymore. I guess I got a bit frustrated because of that incident  ;D

Don't get me wrong, I love most of the modern houses, cars and furniture too! It's great to have a lot of different sets to choose from. Can't complain about diversity.
So you're right, I'll be positive  ;)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 17:49:30 »
Birdie,
We have had some PM painting disasters, too, so YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
I love that sofa so much that I ordered 5 of them from PM USA and wish I had more. They came with a chair as well and must have been in the vacation home A frame or something. It looks great in the houses with all of the color and the white walls.
Luckily there are plenty of PM themes to choose from and something for everyone. And when you tire of one theme, you just go to another for a while....cool!
Take care, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 18:03:36 »
Oh but then we are talking about a different sofa, I'm sure  :lol:

The one I messed up is the one from the 3966 living room set (it folds into a double bed).

The orange sofa's from the vacation house 3230 are quite lovely, in my opinion  :)  They also come in red in the old vacation house 3771.  :love:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 19:43:23 »
I think the point here isn't about whether we like victorian-style or modern-style furniture, but rather about realistic color choices. As a kid I liked my toys to look realistic, also, and loved realistic colors in my toys. I did love pink; don't get me wrong. But I didn't need every woman to be dressed in pink, all her accessories to be pink, pink buildings, pink everything to be happy. The declining poularity of barbies should illustrate well enough that today's girls may feel similarly.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 07:21:21 »
Best playmo furniture is mediaval , awesome chairs , thrones and tables, everything else pale in comparison to these imo of course .  ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 16:57:54 »
personally i actually do like the flashy colors, it makes my pictures and dioramas look vivid and eye catching, but i also like realistic/more netrual colors :)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: